Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Banking Problems

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Does anyone else have problems communicating with their bank.
Online the options to click on are many and varied but do not always fit the particular problem.
There is an option to type questions to a computer with a female name who gives the intelligence of that gender a bad name.
Telephone? An automated voice, again female who make talking to 2 short planks seem a viable option.

I wish banks employed human beings.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Online the options to click on are many and varied but do not always fit the particular problem.
There is an option to type questions to a computer with a female name who gives the intelligence of that gender a bad name.
Telephone? An automated voice, again female who make talking to 2 short planks seem a viable option.

Check out the customer service thread for tips

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nope.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020

You are Nigel Farage and I claim my ten pounds!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Have you tried turning it off and turning it on again? :wink:

abc

Jan 6, 2007

Yes, we business bank with Barclays and customer service is non existent. Constantly get computer generated emails and texts demanding information that they already have. Impossible to speak to a human and their bots are more clueless than Tim nice but dim. Want to change banks but under no illusions as to how much hassle that will be.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I was looking at Coutts reviews the other day (I was bored) and they're all 1-Star, quoting the help and support is non-existent.

If the bank of the Royal Family is crap, it doesn't hold much hope for the rest of us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Leaving aside the fatuous smart-ass replies, yes, there are problems. There is a 'Chat' option on the HSBC online banking site. This used to lead to an interactive typed conersation with a human being, but now it seems to be just FAQs masquerading as an interactive service.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Ditto First Direct. Have banked with them for 20+ years and the service (provided by a human being) is fast, friendly and efficient.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
At present I can still go into the Shoreham branch of my bank. They are very helpful and go above and beyond. They got me £60 compensation for a minor foul up the back had made online with my account.

But that’s closing by the end of the year. So I guess I’ll have to get in a phone queue with all the other ghastly plebs.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I was looking at Coutts reviews the other day (I was bored) and they're all 1-Star, quoting the help and support is non-existent.

If the bank of the Royal Family is crap, it doesn't hold much hope for the rest of us.
As if people wealthy enough to bank with Coutts have the time or inclination to write online reviews... :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here