Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bank or Gamble?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Free "Beat the drop" entry on Paddy Power and have made it to question 9 out of 15 for a 5 grand prize. I have option to split the pot over next 6 questions which by my calculations works out at £78.15 winnings. Should I bank it or go for the biggy? :mad:

qa9Ns2s.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ure Lose.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Most I ever got on one of these was £40ish ... Which was a HUGE return given the odds.

I put some money against after getting to 11 (I think).

Good luck

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Most I ever got on one of these was £40ish ... Which was a HUGE return given the odds.

I put some money against after getting to 11 (I think).

Good luck

Yes, I think question 6 or 7 was the highest I have had before this. The issue isn't so much losing the £78 (although is always a bonus) but I always like to try and beat the bookie and don't want them to have the satisfaction in this.

I recently got excluded from all their price offers on sports betting because was taking too much from them, would be satisfying having them pay me out on this free offer (which I surprisingly wasn't excluded from) - Have attached screenshot of the email from them below.

SGSWEXQ.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Yes, I think question 6 or 7 was the highest I have had before this. The issue isn't so much losing the £78 (although is always a bonus) but I always like to try and beat the bookie and don't want them to have the satisfaction in this.

I recently got excluded from all their price offers on sports betting because was taking too much from them, would be satisfying having them pay me out on this free offer (which I surprisingly wasn't excluded from) - Have attached screenshot of the email from them below.

SGSWEXQ.jpg

The bookies limit accounts for a number of reasons.

1 winners (probably shouldn't be #1)
2 people taking value
3 people matched betting (similar to 2)

Pretty much anyone who 'gambles' responsibly.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Pretty much anyone who 'gambles' responsibly.

That would certainly make sense! I set a £10 a week limit (across 5-6 betting sites) and have taken 4 figures off paddy alone so far this year. A 'pro tip' is to always check the William Hill front page (if signed up) for the 5 free slot spins. I have banked £300-£400 a few times just off the 5 free spins they offer. It's usually free spins on a different slot every few days. There was a point where they were giving away 10x 60p spins on the "bonus drop daily game" pretty much every day which carried no wagering requirements on winnings. I think the promotions team at WH must have been smoking something strong at that point.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not familiar with the game, can you split the pot unevenly? If so, you could put £320 on one outcome, £4680 on the other.
if £4680 is the winner, splitting evenly from then on should leave you with £146.25
if £320 is the winner, splitting evenly from then on should leave you with a tenner.

Alternatively, keep splitting off just enough to win you a tenner in the end (by splitting evenly) if the lower amount comes in, if the larger sum comes in, you might get to the end and win big, but you will still win a tenner at worst.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Not familiar with the game, can you split the pot unevenly? If so, you could put £320 on one outcome, £4680 on the other.
if £4680 is the winner, splitting evenly from then on should leave you with £146.25
if £320 is the winner, splitting evenly from then on should leave you with a tenner.

Alternatively, keep splitting off just enough to win you a tenner in the end (by splitting evenly) if the lower amount comes in, if the larger sum comes in, you might get to the end and win big, but you will still win a tenner at worst.

Yes, I should have clarified that you can adjust the slider accordingly.

eEFvDNc.jpg

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'd just 50/50 from now on. I've been doing this game (on two accounts) since lockdown started and the most I've taken is £40 on one game. Regularly win smaller amounts to then play with, their money not mine. I've also been gubbed from loads of accounts because of "chasing too many free bets" and focusing mainly on their Double Odds and Super Odds specials. They don't like it, those are the offers they put out to get you addicted. Once they all gub me then I'll stop as it's the promos that make it worthwhile. Very much up at the bookies, while still remembering it's lucky guessing (with the exception of match betting).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here