Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheap Trick

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
More 70s than 60s then, which is sadly predictable. Bands like Sabbath and Genesis might have been forming in the late 60s, but their time was really the 70s.

Bands that were big in the 60s - Beatles, Stones, The Who, Small Faces, Gerry and the Pacemakers, and American bands like the Beach Boys, Airplane, The Dead, etc. are all likely to be well into their 80s now (those that survive).

Jul 7, 2003
All of the original members of Kiss are still with us.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
This thread is depressing :(
It shouldn't be, its a celebration of all those who are still with us.
A depressing thread would be one entitled "Bands of the 60s or 70s of which at least one member has sadly passed away".
But that could be a very long (and depressing) thread.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
It shouldn't be, its a celebration of all those who are still with us.
A depressing thread would be one entitled "Bands of the 60s or 70s of which at least one member has sadly passed away".
But that could be a very long (and depressing) thread.
Maybe I'm over sensitive, but the way I see it is .... this thread will date.
Tomorrow, next week, next month.
I thought of a (local) band, one of them has a big birthday (party) coming up.
I didn't feel comfortable posting them so I haven't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
More 70s than 60s then, which is sadly predictable. Bands like Sabbath and Genesis might have been forming in the late 60s, but their time was really the 70s.

Bands that were big in the 60s - Beatles, Stones, The Who, Small Faces, Gerry and the Pacemakers, and American bands like the Beach Boys, Airplane, The Dead, etc. are all likely to be well into their 80s now (those that survive).
Someone on a FB group I am in, pointed out, that we were in our 20s in the 70s, and now in our 70s in the 20s.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I remember about 20 years ago channel 4 did a top 10 soul acts of the 1960s. Over half were dead by then and 2 more (including Wilson Pickett) didn't last the year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here