Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Baggies bag Bruce?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
You and Peter T are both right of course but because The Hawthorns is on the Soho side of the M5 junction and much of actual West Bromwich is on the other side it SEEMS almost part of Bham.

A41 Derby anyone?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looks like Steve Bruce will be announced as West Brom manager tomorrow, a sound appointment, will be great to have him back in the game.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Looks like Steve Bruce will be announced as West Brom manager tomorrow, a sound appointment, will be great to have him back in the game.

Over 900 games a player, 1,000 a manager. A legend of the game indeed.

All this alongside his highly regarded work in punditry (probably) and his excellent series of 'Steve Barnes' crime novels.

Welcome back.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not really watched West Brom much, did they really need to sack Ismael? They're currently 6th

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looks like Steve Bruce could be on the brink, rumours are he may have two more games to save his skin with Alan Curbishley an early frontrunner to replace him.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bruce has won 8 out of 31 matches with the Baggies - the worst win percentage of his long managerial career. This is a shocking return for a club in receipt of parachute payments in a weak Championship. I think his Newcastle experience has destroyed him.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Looks like Steve Breuce could bve on the brink, rumours are he may have two more games to save his skin with Alan Curbishley an early frontrunner to replace him.

Alan Curbishley's name gets mentioned for every other manager vacancy going and yet he hasn't managed anyone for 14 years. I wondered why he always gets mentioned, but never gets a job. Looking at his Wiki page, he has managed Charlton and West Ham and worked on the coaching staff at Fulham. I'm guessing that he's happy in London and won't be going anywhere else. I did wonder how he can be so picky after 14 years and then I found the report of him suing West Ham for constructive dismissal and getting a £2,200,000 pay off back in 2009. Unless he invested it all in UK government bonds, I don't reckon he'll be need to be heading to a Championship relegation battle in the Midlands.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looks like Steve Bruce could be on the brink, rumours are he may have two more games to save his skin with Alan Curbishley an early frontrunner to replace him.

Ruel Fox an outlier?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I never cease to be amazed at the number of times Llewellyn Curbishley's name is mentioned when it comes to possible jobs in football management.

This despite him not managing at any level for about fifteen years now. Currently on the coaching staff at Fulham l believe.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bruce has won 8 out of 31 matches with the Baggies - the worst win percentage of his long managerial career. This is a shocking return for a club in receipt of parachute payments in a weak Championship. I think his Newcastle experience has destroyed him.

I think you are right, a man who has lost his mojo.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ruel Fox an outlier?

The predicament the lesser Albion are in they would be foolish to rule out any manager with international management experience. Also a former Baggie to boot.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Alan Curbishley's name gets mentioned for every other manager vacancy going and yet he hasn't managed anyone for 14 years. I wondered why he always gets mentioned, but never gets a job. Looking at his Wiki page, he has managed Charlton and West Ham and worked on the coaching staff at Fulham. I'm guessing that he's happy in London and won't be going anywhere else. I did wonder how he can be so picky after 14 years and then I found the report of him suing West Ham for constructive dismissal and getting a £2,200,000 pay off back in 2009. Unless he invested it all in UK government bonds, I don't reckon he'll be need to be heading to a Championship relegation battle in the Midlands.
I think you've been Crodo'd [emoji38]ol:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I never cease to be amazed at the number of times Llewellyn Curbishley's name is mentioned when it comes to possible jobs in football management.

This despite him not managing at any level for about fifteen years now. Currently on the coaching staff at Fulham l believe.

I think you might get “whooshed” as this is obviously a wind-up with it being such an old chestnut every time a manger is sacked?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here