[Other Sport] Ayrton Senna - 30 Years On

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Today marks 30 years since Senna was killed at Imola.

I was 10 at the time and loved watching F1 with Senna being my favourite driver, so his death was a massive shock to me.

Of course it shouldn't be forgotten that another driver, Roland Ratzenberger, was killed on the same weekend.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It was a horrible day. I have memories of scanning Ceefax trying to find any page that said Senna was ok.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Today marks 30 years since Senna was killed at Imola.

I was 10 at the time and loved watching F1 with Senna being my favourite driver, so his death was a massive shock to me.

Of course it shouldn't be forgotten that another driver, Roland Ratzenberger, was killed on the same weekend.
I watched a YouTube documentary about F1 crashes and that weekend was in it. Barrichello (sp) was a lucky man. There was pitlane incident with Alboreto, where pitlane mechanics were injured as well. :cry: Senna had the Austrian flag in his car has a tribute to Ratzenberger. There had been warnings about that Tamborello corner for years and they just ignored it. Absolutely mental that the races are never stopped, that's why they don't declare people dead on the track as then they have to stop the race.. RIP Senna, Ratzenberger, & all the other drivers, marshalls and spectators.
"In my sport, the quick are too often listed among the dead' Jackie Stewart

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports