Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] away fans

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Proper foreign ultras are a different breed to anything we have here though. They are (generally - not in all cases) a bit off their head and show the kind of passion that boils over into unsavory/ugly scenes very easily if provoked. Makes for a very loud atmosphere in the ultras section but not the most welcoming atmosphere either. Impressive though, of course.

Passion for football is just shown in a different way here, for example the fact you can see 15/20k sometimes in a 4th tier game, the fact that big clubs still get huge attendance when in the third tier, hundreds/a few thousand turning up at 7th tier games. You don't get that pretty much anywhere - if anywhere - else. Germany comes a bit close.

In the stands, generally fans are very reactive to what's going on on the pitch and respond in that way. Just different! And far more middle class than abroad, which makes a difference too ha.
Except for the pubescent Palace ultras, of course.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Truly hyperbolic trolling, as per.

The City of Brighton and Hove has two Labour and one Green MP and NSC has a small number of angry gammons who are always complaining about how "lefty" it is (ex member Mouldy Boots, current member goldstone, quite a few others).

But instead of looking for obviously non-existent examples of Brighton fans' Class War struggles (except for an occasional poem from Atilla) perhaps you ought to ask yourself whether this flag, present at every game, would go down well in Millwall, never mind Croatia, Serbia or Russia.

View attachment 166770
I see, I didn’t realise there was a MP and flag algorithm to determine BHA fans were left wing and aligned to AEK anti fascists.

I wonder if the algorithm takes in the fact that Brighton up to the 70s was predominantly Tory (and therefore right wing) before it was overwhelmed with thousands of mentally undeveloped constituents from Sussex Uni and more latterly Brighton Poly. That’s not to even mention the other wider Sussex constituencies from where BHA fans come from.

If the flag you picture is another factor on BHA fans alignment with AEK anti fascists it would appear we equallly have a cohort of militaristic Japanese, I will look forward to the anti fascists giving our new Japanese fans a hard lesson in anti fascist justice.

Or maybe there will just be a sticker on a lamppost……………..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I see, I didn’t realise there was a MP and flag algorithm to determine BHA fans were left wing and aligned to AEK anti fascists.

I wonder if the algorithm takes in the fact that Brighton up to the 70s was predominantly Tory (and therefore right wing) before it was overwhelmed with thousands of mentally undeveloped constituents from Sussex Uni and more latterly Brighton Poly. That’s not to even mention the other wider Sussex constituencies from where BHA fans come from.

If the flag you picture is another factor on BHA fans alignment with AEK anti fascists it would appear we equallly have a cohort of militaristic Japanese, I will look forward to the anti fascists giving our new Japanese fans a hard lesson in anti fascist justice.

Or maybe there will just be a sticker on a lamppost……………..
You are a funny sausage. Four days to come back with that? And that after you, a grown adult, tried to place a £1000 bet on yourself not getting beaten up (presumably to be claimed by posting “I’m still ok” on the Friday, together with a gif of someone sticking out their tongue?).

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You are a funny sausage. Four days to come back with that? And that after you, a grown adult, tried to place a £1000 bet on yourself not getting beaten up (presumably to be claimed by posting “I’m still ok” on the Friday, together with a gif of someone sticking out their tongue?).
You’re welcome, I didn’t realise there was a time related factor when posting on threads here. I guess if over recent years I had been posting 30, 40 or even 50 thousand posts I would have a better grasp of the nuances connected to contributing to this message board. I will have to live with that burden though, unlike the NSC Ultras, I have other things to occupy me than be chained to a laptop etc. prowling threads 24 hours a day.

I suspect it was a grown adult that offered the bet that I would be the first to get beaten up in Marseille in the first place, I merely accepted the offer and proposed a stake?

Why shouldn’t I accept that bet with the stake to go to a BHA related charity?

As a mod I’m surprised you can’t recognise that………it makes no odds to me if the offer is now off the table/poster won’t see it through?

Simply proves too many people spend too much time in here talking bollox.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You’re welcome, I didn’t realise there was a time related factor when posting on threads here. I guess if over recent years I had been posting 30, 40 or even 50 thousand posts I would have a better grasp of the nuances connected to contributing to this message board. I will have to live with that burden though, unlike the NSC Ultras, I have other things to occupy me than be chained to a laptop etc. prowling threads 24 hours a day.

I suspect it was a grown adult that offered the bet that I would be the first to get beaten up in Marseille in the first place, I merely accepted the offer and proposed a stake?

Why shouldn’t I accept that bet with the stake to go to a BHA related charity?

As a mod I’m surprised you can’t recognise that………it makes no odds to me if the offer is now off the table/poster won’t see it through?

Simply proves too many people spend too much time in here talking bollox.
Maybe your first reply was just a very literal reply to a turn of phrase. Your second, however, is exactly what I called it for.

Do you seriously think the French police are going to ask individuals with a ticket at the ground to show their passports to validate their identity? These will be individuals that needed to provide ID to get the ticket in the first place?

I won’t have my passport, I will have a photo of it on my phone, with other means of ID on my phone, I reckon that they won’t check (just like BHA officials don’t really check when you pick it up at the ground).

I will have a bet with you too if you like, (say 1k for REMF) that French police won’t be asking for physical passports at the ground if you have ID on your phone……….fancy putting your money where your mouth is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here