Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Avanti West Coast.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolute shambles. I regularly travel up that way either for leisure or work and it’s been impossible since covid. Lucky if there is even 1 train an hour, with tickets only being released / sold at full price, 3 weeks before travel. Shambles

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Given £6.5m performance bonus for 2021,you couldn't make it up. :mad:
Astonishing. I don't believe there has ever been a worse train company. Our last journey with them took around 12 hours from Euston to Preston, and involved being dumped and abandoned in Rugby with a trainload of fellow sufferers at one in the morning, and a 2.5 hour taxi trip on to Preston, eventually reaching our destination at 6am. I've not forgiven them for their utter incompetence and ambivalence. Mind you, we did get our money back in the end, so at least it was a cheap journey.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s a terrible service and they’re far worse than Virgin, but haven’t most of their big issues been in 2022? In ‘21 there were still a lot of months where you couldn’t travel.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I for one am grateful we are able to incentivise the Italian owners of Avanti.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Went to Manchester last weekend. First train from Euston cancelled. Second train pulls up in Nuneaton and the driver announced that the train had been hijacked (his actual words) and we all had to get off as they were sending it back to Euston.

I asked the train guard what's happening and she said she didn't know and hadn't been told about it untill they pulled into Nuneaton. She was obviously kept in the dark and you could see the frustration in the lady.

One hell of a performance to get such a bonus.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's the shittest company that ever existed. An absolute shambles that cant run even the basics. I live in the Midlands and dread catching the train as every f***ing time their shitshow ends in some sort of crisis.

Someone will die in those trains soon. Fight between people using it, crush, whatever. It sound hyperbole but it's not. Still, I'm sure the media will leave with Megan and Harry. That's obviously what's more important.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As has been suggested by Mr Baine, Renationalisation, without Compensation. The question is, does Starmer have the ability or inclination to do it?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It’s a terrible service and they’re far worse than Virgin, but haven’t most of their big issues been in 2022? In ‘21 there were still a lot of months where you couldn’t travel.
This. I'm guessing these bonuses were written into the contract however you'd think there would have to be some sort of contingency that the levels of service have to be maintained.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here