Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Athens Match .... in Quebec City

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So without wishing this post to look like a .... look where I'm holidaying .... I'm in Quebec City Thursday for work. Anyone any idea if the Athens match is likely to be broadcast and if so, where is likely to show it in Quebec City ? Looking at @Quebec Seagull in particular.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
So without wishing this post to look like a .... look where I'm holidaying .... I'm in Quebec City Thursday for work. Anyone any idea if the Athens match is likely to be broadcast and if so, where is likely to show it in Quebec City ? Looking at @Quebec Seagull in particular.
We were there in August - not so easy to find sports bars as in other Canadian cities. Try Le Troquet on rue Saint Jean which is part of a good creperie called Le Billig. They have a room which shows European football but you might want to check if they are showing the game.

I loved Quebec - so unique for a North American city.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hate to bring it up, but isn't Quebec 5 hours behind UK time? Won't you be at work? Or were you planning on throwing a sickie on foreign shores? :lol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hate to bring it up, but isn't Quebec 5 hours behind UK time? Won't you be at work? Or were you planning on throwing a sickie on foreign shores? :lol:
The "look where I'm holidaying" bit is probably a decent indication of his working status whilst there.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Here in the USA it should be on Paramount Plus (CBS) streaming service. That might be a way for you to get it. They currently have a 7 day trial but they will need a CC to register. Might have to use a VPN. It does not appear to be on any free to air channels.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
@Westdene Seagull. Yup, DAZN.com is the only way to catch Europa League action in Canada.

Plan A: Ring up the pubs in le Vieux Québec (the managers are all bilingual) and ask them if they're subscribers. One or two might very well be, because DAZN also offers NFL Game Pass. And since the match is at 3:00 pm local time, none of the other patrons will gripe about missing Thursday Night Football.

Plan B: I could let you log into my account -- DAZN allows for the simultaneous use of 2 devices.

Plan C: I can DM you the URL to a site that will carry the match live at the cost of several annoying pop-ups and perhaps less-than-ideal picture resolution.

Plan D: Pay $19.99 for a 1-month subscription. Be aware, though, that access to the site and your account is only possible if your IP address is North American. I was unable to log onto DAZN or Fubo during my trip to the UK last spring.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here