Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article: We need to talk about Stephen

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Good article. We never had a chance. I thought Ward's comment regarding Burnley was pretty weird though. 'I couldn't have picked a better place.... etc'. In due respect in football terms Burnley obviously can't compete with even middle ranking premier league teams let alone the big boys and as for the place itself the least said the better.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
The moral of this story is if we are in competition with a Premier club or one with parachute payments, we're ****ed. I know that's obvious but such is the difference in resources available, almost anybody decent we are interested in is also going to be of interest to theseclubs. They hoover up available players at this time of year which means that we either have to wait until Sep for their cast offs, get people in from abroad that aren't on others radar screens (Ulloa, Toko) , or young players they've decided are never going to make their 25s and are willing to let go now. I know its shit but this is the reality and we are going to have to get used to it until we grow more of our own.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What's the noise?

Ah, the old familiar wurrr'ing of the propaganda machine spluttering into life.

We missed out on Ward, we move on. I presume we had a second, third or even fourth choice LB being pursued incase a PL club did come sniffing?

Oh well, I await further 'fine tuning'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here