Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
received_585100598986912.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Some papers are reporting Arsenal held informal talks with Mourinho but he thought Spurs coaching / reporting structure plus Champions League football was a better fit for him, so held out for that job instead.

Fans and pundits are sometimes quick to criticise chairman who sack their managers quickly or unexpectedly yet Levy sacked Poch in time to get Mourinho, while Arsenal have appeared to leave it 2 weeks too late.

Tony Bloom seems to have learned his lesson with Hyypia, acting quickly to sack Hughton, bring in Potter and then extending Potter's contract to protect him from the Evertons and West Hams of this world.

I don't buy into that first bit at all. Why would Jose Mourinho want to 'hold out' for a job that he never knew would exist? and even if it did whether he would get it or not?

Mourinho and Arsenal have always had a bit of a run in ever since Arsene Wenger's days when the two managers were virtually at war with one another. No, Mourinho would never want to manage Arsenal, nor would Arsenal want him there.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well why not, Dunk especially is head and shoulders better than any one they have at the moment.

Oh, I agree, hence the annoyed emoji .... I would say if Arsenal could only buy two players to improve their chnaces they'd both be the right buys, unless VVD was available with Dunk!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here