Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Argy Mac v Bissouma

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Zamora, Sidwell, Murray and that’s just at the Amex

Andrew Crofts, Elliot Bennet, Dean Hammond, Leo Ulloa, some were loans but none flopped, Crofts was awesome till injury ended him.

Edit: Where we have had problems is returning Managers being way below what they achieved first time round with Micky Adams and Allan Mullery.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not sure I like the tone of this thread, even though there are many defending Biss on here.

Why do we feel the need to immediately diminish the play of a former player just because we have had success without him. Bissouma was a machine for us. Ok his shooting was not great but he was a one man wrecking ball in midfield capable of securing possession and breaking up opponents attacks on his own. People forget how helpful that was in our decent defensive record.

Mac has thrived since Potter tweaked the midfield and yes he can shoot!

Forget Argy Mac v Bissouma, just celebrate that it's been great to see them in the stripes and the tutelage of the one manager who is capable of getting them to fulfil their potential.

I tend to agree with all of this. I wish all the players who depart well and remember their performances with fondness (unless they were awful: e.g. Locadia, J).

My interest in how they get on at their new clubs is largely minimal, but I've zero interest in comparing them to what we have now. Players move on and so should the fans.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bissouma was given a limited role because he was absolutely top notch in breaking up play with interceptions and tackles, but not so good with his passing and shooting. He can do more though, and if we had not recruited so well, more would have been asked of him and he may have become even more impressive. As it was, Potter allowed him to grow in one direction, because he was strong there already, and it worked for the team, but maybe Conte wants more, and will get it in time, just as more is being asked of Mac Allister and he is delivering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here