• No

Votes: 109 63.0%
  • Next season

Votes: 29 16.8%

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They've got 2 easy home bankers vs Bournemouth and Forest at the end of the season. So those 6 points put them on 33.

They'll get the other necessary 3-4 points from somewhere as the jammy nigels always do.

Verdict : No relegation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
6 teams within 3 points of them have to overtake them. 4 of those teams have a game in hand, including the 3 that are 3 points behind. Their current relegation odds are 6 to 1, so about 15% probability. We desperately need teams below them to make the most of their games in hand.
I appreciate there’s just 3 points separating them but there’s a lot of teams. I’m still of the view that a lot of rubbish teams need to start winning a lot of games for them to go down. Sadly it ain’t going to happen.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don't think they are, sadly.

As shit as they are, with no league wins in 2023, three games in a row with no shots on target, SEGW well past his sell by date, Barndoor 90k a week Oddgoal Edouard unable to score more than about 3 goals in a calendar year and so on, that three point gap would take at least 7 matches to translate into a bottom 3 position, even if they lost all seven.

Maybe next season would be better anyway. They'll be even worse and we could send them on their way down with a 5-0, making our first ever European season a memorable one. Who knows, "Champions League football, you'll never sing that" or "You've never won f*** all" might get an airing if we finish top 4 or win the cup?
Unfortunately, and as much as I'm desperate to be wrong........

I think our own previously relied upon "just need 3 shitter teams" aspirations, is where Palace are now and how they'll just about scrape home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports