Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Anywhere but here' Albion moments

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Norwich away in the cup think it was 02-03 season got to the game from memory shit drive due to snow then Norwich had a bloody power cut and the game never started . Had to drive all the way home and go to work early next day wasted petrol money and the whole bloody day for nothing

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Walsall 2 Brighton 1 in the League Cup in August 2015. We were truly awful. Fortunately I only had a five mile journey home, but I felt so sorry for those in the very decent away following who had a much longer trek back to Sussex.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The most miserable I ever felt at an Albion game was when we put 4 past Millwall at Withdean. Thought I was more or less immune to the shitty Withdean micro-climate, but apparently not. My GOD the rain was of biblical proportions. Spent half-time sheltering in a turnstile entrance in the South Stand like it was a sentry box or something. Uttered completely inppropriate profanities at the little kids splashing in the puddles outside me sentry box. Stuck the game out to the end but was long past caring about the result, just wanted the damn thing to end. Four of us Albion fans and a Millwall husband and wife couple retired to the Brewery Tap. We were the only customers. Clothing was draped over radiators. Rounds were reciprocated. All was going good. Then their swivel-eyed Begbie-lookalike mate turned up looking for action. We didn't hang around for long after that...

Only time I have ever left a match early was because of the rain. We lost to Leeds, 2-0 I think, with barely a chance all game - stood on the chicken run in pouring rain all game, and left with over five minutes to go, to endure the soaking four mile bike ride back along the Old Shoreham Road to Southwick. Deep Joy.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Away to Cambridge United during their John Beck ' hoof ' ball experiment. I'm sure someone can confirm the season. Miserable day, awful stadium, long grass down the wings, plain yellow hoarding and ball launched towards Claridge and Dublin. Not forgetting the ball boys immobile when our ball but out with the towels for them.

Just painful beyond belief but we we were handling it. Minutes to go and it looked like Clive Walker was going to save the day but through on goal he somehow managed to scuff it past the post. Deeply depressing and grim trip home :(

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Any match at Gillingham- good piss up. Shite football every time ! Still went to 75% of games though

Always had fond memories of Priestfield only because a group of us aged 13 got to have a big football day out without adult supervision in a far mysterious and somewhat backward place.

Remember going back there away some years later and it really was like time had stood still in Rainham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here