Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone thinking Gus maybe wondering why he didnt stay

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Do you believe what you read in the newspapers aswell?

If and When GP write a book which he is bound too , I think only then we may get a better picture of what happened in his eyes. All a bit embarrassing looking back

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
No, because he has proved that he is incapable of sensible or logical thought and really can't see himself being a problem.
He is always right on a scale of 1 - 10

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
But this isn't gross misconduct.

However... he said he wanted out, was told he had to complete his contract, then threw his toys out of the pram and committed his contractual breaches for which he was sacked. Therefore the root cause was then he wanted to leave, he just went about it in an unprofessional fashion.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He was sacked for misconduct, he didn't choose to leave.

He most certainly did choose to leave.

He himself engineered his departure. He may well have been sacked but that was exactly what he was looking for so he could get a payoff after his earlier in the season resignation was rejected.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

He himself engineered his departure. He may well have been sacked but that was exactly what he was looking for so he could get a payoff after his earlier in the season resignation was rejected.

Yeah, and it got him sacked. TB and the Albion had the final say on how and when he went, not him.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yeah, and it got him sacked. TB and the Albion had the final say on how and when he went, not him.

He. Got. Himself. Sacked. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Right. Oh.
He tried to get out of the door earlier in the season, and failed at that. When he finally managed it, he ****ed it right up as he didn't get the payoff he was expecting, so whatever you believe, it certainly didn't go to plan. TB and the Albion knew exactly what they were doing.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Is the correct answer.

I can't believe people are trying to re-write history when it's so fresh in the mind. Getting yourself sacked on purpose because you don't want to be there is a million miles away from getting sacked because you're not wanted by your employers any more.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He. Got. Himself. Sacked. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Yes, but completely failed in his greedy plan to get his contract paid up in full, as is the norm with dismissals of football managers.

His public and behind the scenes whining, flirting with other jobs, etc - went against him, and so the club went for Gross Misconduct and were subsequently not overrode at a tribunal/courts. Very unusual in football, but Bloom and Barber were very switched-on and Poyet more than met his match.

I note that in this Sunderland crisis, so far, despite endlessly talking to the media, he has refrained from putting on the record complaints about budgets and so on.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Right. Oh.
He tried to get out of the door earlier in the season, and failed at that. When he finally managed it, he ****ed it right up as he didn't get the payoff he was expecting, so whatever you believe, it certainly didn't go to plan. TB and the Albion knew exactly what they were doing.

The outcome was controlled by TB, we all can see that. And yes, he was fired but Poyet was only left with the getting fired option so he engineered it himself-a resignation in all but name.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Scared of getting injured again. He does not and will not commit to the tackle any more and shies away from being tackled by dropping to the floor at the first chance!

I think he just seems a bit uninterested at times maybe its just me but he was a lot more up for it last season. Maybe Macca knocking on the door for his place will chivvy him up a bit

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Leeds will be next if he is sacked. Those other dream jobs of Spurs and Chelsea seem a lot further away now.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes, but completely failed in his greedy plan to get his contract paid up in full, as is the norm with dismissals of football managers.

His public and behind the scenes whining, flirting with other jobs, etc - went against him, and so the club went for Gross Misconduct and were subsequently not overrode at a tribunal/courts. Very unusual in football, but Bloom and Barber were very switched-on and Poyet more than met his match.

I note that in this Sunderland crisis, so far, despite endlessly talking to the media, he has refrained from putting on the record complaints about budgets and so on.

Totally agree with you. My point was that although he was fired-he engineered his dismissal. It all backfired on him quite deliciously and continues to do so. His post match 'sit down' press conference shows a broken ego. His talk of 'need a miracle, something unique' was like watching a car crash.

Maybe his one dimensional style of football isn't quite the revolution the Premier League has been waiting for? When it worked for us it was sometimes spectacular. When it didn't it was woeful. It is woeful right now at Sunderland. Would you, as owner of Sunderland, let Poyet spend the parachute payments? It will be interesting to see what happens next up there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here