Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone managed to cancel / cashout a bet on relegation?

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Because of the loss of home advantage in relegation head to heads, they'd pretty much have to say no relegation this season as well in that situation.

But then they’d not be much point in playing out the rest of the season. The ‘behind closed doors’ solution appears to be gaining traction. I’d guess that you’d still have several hundred people involved in staging a game behind closed doors. How can it be OK to do that, but not OK to have spectators?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But then they’d not be much point in playing out the rest of the season. The ‘behind closed doors’ solution appears to be gaining traction. I’d guess that you’d still have several hundred people involved in staging a game behind closed doors. How can it be OK to do that, but not OK to have spectators?

The integrity of the season would be gone if a team can be relegated after playing some of it's matches behind closed doors.

Fair enough as a sanction, not as a level playing field.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Has anyone managed it yet?

I want my money back. Surely the bookies can’t keep it against our will. Is it worth complaining?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I can't see any bets being refunded until the season is declared void. Which I don't think the premier league will want to do.

It’s certainly looking that way... but why should the bookies have that right to hold the money. It’s an unsettled bet, before corona we’d be able to cash out no problems.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Cash out.

It’s an option available always for long term bets. Please read original posts.

It’s an offer from the shysters not a right for the punters. Not having cash out is a good thing for most punters as it’s used very poorly by them, in the main, hence the shysters offering it.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It’s certainly looking that way... but why should the bookies have that right to hold the money. It’s an unsettled bet, before corona we’d be able to cash out no problems.

There is no legal requirement for the bookies to do anything. They're not obligated to pay you if you win!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope that all Brighton fans who bet on us getting relegated lose their money :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here