Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any "Profit Squadders" Made Their First Million Yet?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have two questions.

1. What made you think racing's a mug's game?

2. How about investing in a madcap scheme of mine?

1 . because it's fixed , if it's not jockeys murdering favourites it's the bookies fiddling the odds.....plus i lack the basic discipline to walk away 2 or 300 up in favour of going for a biggie.

2 . tell me more.....:mad::mad:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I just got gubbed by everyone real fast.

There’s plenty more fish in the sea! I doubt it was anywhere near “everyone”.

I’ve had quite a few gubbings, but you learn from them. I stick to mostly high profile sport or a consistent pattern of bet size and sports now and don’t place bets too far in advance. I’m sure that with the knowledge I now have, I wouldn’t have been gubbed so quickly - though some seem to gub everyone for having the the temerity to take up a sign up offer! Still money to be made from some gubbed accounts and you don’t have to worry so much about trying to look like a regular punter.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I have two questions.

1. What made you think racing's a mug's game?

I think 1, is best summed up by Willie Mulllins, Irelands Champion trainer. About 15 years ago, there was a private members bar in Liverpool, owned by an Irishman that a friend of mine frequented. During the 3 days of the Grand National meeting, there wasn't a place I'd rather be. Cheap pub food, Numerous bar staff (and all were fillies naturally) and decent enough beer with a strong internet connection for the huge amounts of Gambling that went on. Sadly it is now closed. The place was also a haunt for all of the Irish owners and trainers who have talking as a close 2nd as a pastime to gambling.

Mullins sat on the table next to us and engaged in a bit a chat. He gave us a future bumper winner after much asking (that we got the name wrong because of all the alcohol consumed and only after it had won twice in the future did we cotton on that we'd missed the boat and got the wrong horse). As the conversation veered to Venetia Williams he looked us in the eye and said

"Let me tell you about Venetia Williams. She's a cheating fecking ****"

Given Mullins had trained horses for JP where the result of the race was pretty much known before they even run, it was quite some statement. It's always also worth giving Venetia horses a 2nd glance when they are bottom of the weights in a handicap and the money starts to go down.

To give you a flavor of how racing operates a google of Iain Jardine, Charles Bryne and the Irish stopping a favourite at Cheltenham are just 3 scandals and that's just in the past month. It should also come as no surprise that is is Harry Redknapps pastime of choice. Equally, I still love it despite all this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I’ve had quite a few gubbings, but you learn from them. I stick to mostly high profile sport or a consistent pattern of bet size and sports now and don’t place bets too far in advance. I’m sure that with the knowledge I now have, I wouldn’t have been gubbed so quickly - though some seem to gub everyone for having the the temerity to take up a sign up offer! Still money to be made from some gubbed accounts and you don’t have to worry so much about trying to look like a regular punter.

One of the best uses I had for two gubbed and heavily restricted Sky accounts was Each Way Dutching.

For the Grade 1 and 2 races, they'd still allow me to place bets to win £500, so when they were doing extra places on these races, I would cover the whole field with each Sky account. It would only take a few minutes, there was no risk of account loss, and it would often result in wins of a few hundred quid.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

it really was anyone worth while, I really blitzed it, traded over 25k on paddy power and bet365 2 ups in about 6 weeks so was expecting that tbf
but not a lot of the smaller ones, moplay etc, I literally just did their bet clubs or whatever and any daily offers. I think the extra placed horses was the next best thing though I didnt fancy that with non runners and what have you and needed my bankroll bac

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here