Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any Horsham Residents

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I have a friend who lives in West chiltington common , not sure if spelt right .

She likes it although is looking to move to Hove ! Maybe you could do a swop . She has a 3 bed house worth around £700k I’m guessing .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers guys. We spend quite a few weekends in Horsham as Mrs P's daughter lives in Southwater and found we both really like it as a town. We've got a bit fed up with Brighton so have decided to move there. We're looking very much central, within a 15 minute walk of the station (I commute to London) but there is so little coming onto the market right now. We've offered on three houses so far, but have been outbid on all three. Got a viewing coming up in Needles so thought I'd ask for some local info :thumbsup:

Earlier this week a house came back to the market 5 months after I made a full asking price offer.
This is now the second time it's come back on.
(No onward chain, they could have had my serious chunk of cash, a couple of months ago, stress free)

Its most definitely not the only one.

I reckon buyers know they have to go big and hope they can pull it off, down the road.

If you're absolutely sorted with full asking price locked in and have seen 'the' house already, I suggest you keep in touch with the agents.

"Your buyers have hit a snag".
"You can wait but...

...I do have The Pasty's, who want to move tomorrow, with the original asking price".

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Earlier this week a house came back to the market 5 months after I made a full asking price offer.
This is now the second time it's come back on.
(No onward chain, they could have had my serious chunk of cash, a couple of months ago, stress free)

Its most definitely not the only one.

I reckon buyers know they have to go big and hope they can pull it off, down the road.

If you're absolutely sorted with full asking price locked in and have seen 'the' house already, I suggest you keep in touch with the agents.

"Your buyers have hit a snag".
"You can wait but...

...I do have The Pasty's, who want to move tomorrow, with the original asking price".

It's getting frustrating. We got £5K over asking price on ours just a week after going to market, and that was back in January. Fortunately they are first time buyers and in no immediate rush, and they've apparently fallen in love with our place so are prepared to wait (so far). But I'm starting to get concerned now if we don't find something soon, they'll lose patience and start looking elsewhere. Yes, we could sell just as quickly again, but don't want to have go through that again if we can avoid it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's getting frustrating. We got £5K over asking price on ours just a week after going to market, and that was back in January. Fortunately they are first time buyers and in no immediate rush, and they've apparently fallen in love with our place so are prepared to wait (so far). But I'm starting to get concerned now if we don't find something soon, they'll lose patience and start looking elsewhere. Yes, we could sell just as quickly again, but don't want to have go through that again if we can avoid it.

There's no way you'll be able to do it, so my advise is fairly redundant but...

...hold the nerve!

If you have 5 viewings under your belt I'd wager a solid 9 pence one of those will be back on the market, before the end of Solly.

I certainly wish I had done.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have a friend who lives in West chiltington common , not sure if spelt right .

She likes it although is looking to move to Hove ! Maybe you could do a swop . She has a 3 bed house worth around £700k I’m guessing .

That’s nice.

What has this got to do with the OP wanting a house in central Horsham? ???:shrug:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I must admit we are being quite picky about central location, and don't particularly want to go out to Littlehaven. Mrs P's ideal would be within staggering distance of The Malt Shovel [emoji38]ol:
Your wife has excellent search criteria, the Malt Shovel is a great pub and the landlord Sam now owns the Anchor Tap, which is also great.

The one thing to say is properties don't stay on the market for lunch Ng so if you find somewhere don't hang around.

As a Worthing boy who previous lived in Brighton I love Horsham

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Needles ain’t that bad - roughish for Horsham but mild compared to most council estates. My neighbour asked the local police about rough areas in Horsham - he was coming down from London and was laughed out of police station.

Important location is the age of any kids you’ve got and whether they are going to secondary schools. If you’ve a girl you want to get her into Millais - that means you want to be in east side, if you have boys you want them to be in Tanbridge (not Forest it’s crap (or was when D7jr went there) so then you want West side. Problem is houses in Millais catchment are higher priced. A couple of years ago catchments areas were very tight and some kids had to go to Crawley - which you don’t want. There is a new secondary school just opened north of bypass - so things might change.

Anyway Horsham is great place to live but trains ain’t that fast - I normally drive to three bridges to get train to London - generally faster and more options.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Having finally moved to Horsham 2 weeks ago, my next question is……

Any decent pubs in town to watch the match tonight? I know The Anchor has football on but I’m not a great fan of pubs that size.

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Probably depends where you ended up moving to.

The Bedford, behind the station
The Coot, Merryfield Drive
Dog & Bacon, Warnham Road
Horsham Sports Club, Cricketfield Road - get a social membership and then qualify for discounted drinks

They’re the 4 I can think of straight away - bit of a West Horsham bias, but that’s my side of town

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Cheers. Bedford is closest pub to me but not been in yet, so might give it a go tonight. 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here