Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andrew Crofts

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Just watched his interview and I have to say I was fairly impressed. He stressed several times that he has worked closely with Potter to implement the same playing style in his squad so that when they moved up to the seniors they would know what to expect. So I am left wondering if we don't need a new coach rather a new coaching team around AC.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Just watched his interview and I have to say I was fairly impressed. He stressed several times that he has worked closely with Potter to implement the same playing style in his squad so that when they moved up to the seniors they would know what to expect. So I am left wondering if we don't need a new coach rather a new coaching team around AC.

He did well but doesn't have the correct experience to be the boss.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He got his pro license this summer so would be allowed according to PL rules.

He's also been managing a team for just more than a year.

Now if he had got to manage the games against Bournemouth and CP and if the team had performed nicely in those game, maybe this would be up for discussion. But as it stands I would be extremely surprised, and quite worried for Brighton, if he gets the job.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah gave me a bit of confidence that, we'll see

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The only way I could see it is if we had unidentified the preferred choice as someone we'd only have a chance of getting after the world cup, gave Crofts the next 10 games and he performed exceptionally well. Not probable, give we have 3 weeks till our next game.

I'd more be looking at this that we have a huge depth of talented people at the club. The fact that we can lose 6 key members of coaching staff and still promote people like Crofts and Lallana who inspire confidence and who I have every belief will fill in professionally and competently for the time we ask them to.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Nope. Too big a gamble. Look how many years it took Potter to learn his trade. Got to do the hard miles as an Asst or in the lower leagues.

Gerard and Fat Frank are hardly ripping it up and are a few years ahead of Crofty.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Carrying out instructions is a lot easier than having your own ideas. He may make the grade (and I hope he does), but he's got loads to learn yet.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Just watched his interview and I have to say I was fairly impressed. He stressed several times that he has worked closely with Potter to implement the same playing style in his squad so that when they moved up to the seniors they would know what to expect.

This just highlights why it is so important to get in a Manager who has a similar philosophy as Potter. Like Ajax and the Red Bull Clubs it’s about breeding a club ethos. Getting the youth teams playing the same way so that the movement between age ranges is easier. We also need that movement within our coaching set up - whether in house, at USG or to see coaches move on into management at other clubs with the aim of them getting the experience they need before coming back for the top job.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Bruno isn’t qualified, so how does that work out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's also not done any "managing", even at U11-23 level. Not even the no.2 (Billy Reid) or no. 3 (Bjorn Hamberg) coach either.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Crofts or Lallana joined the new staff as a continuity candidate

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's also not done any "managing", even at U11-23 level. Not even the no.2 (Billy Reid) or no. 3 (Bjorn Hamberg) coach either.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Crofts or Lallana joined the new staff as a continuity candidate

Billy was a manager for 9 years.

Agree Crofts and Lallana could be part of the new staff but most likely scenario is probably that Crofts go back to coaching the U23 while Lallana keeps playing (maybe as a player-coach but I imagine he already is that regardless of his work description).

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Following in Bruno's footsteps, perhaps, but maybe a couple of years behind Bruno at the moment.

I’d argue that Bruno is that far behind Crofts tbh.

Bruno has no management experience and hasn’t taken charge of a side at any level, doesn’t have his relevant badges and has f**ked off to Chelsea.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bruno isn’t qualified, so how does that work out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who said Bruno isn’t qualified? I’m fairly sure he took his UEFA A & B exams when he stopped playing.
Lack of experience is a different matter.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’d argue that Bruno is that far behind Crofts tbh.

Bruno has no management experience and hasn’t taken charge of a side at any level, doesn’t have his relevant badges and has f**ked off to Chelsea.

Strange then that before he buggered of to Chelsea the expectation on NSC was that El Capitaine would steady the ship and take charge of the team until a new manager was appointed. Not one suggestion did I see at that stage that Crofty would get the job ahead of Bruno (and I don't tnk he would have got the job now if El Capitaine was still here),

Must have been a lot of very stupid people around, then, thinking that..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Who said Bruno isn’t qualified? I’m fairly sure he took his UEFA A & B exams when he stopped playing.
Lack of experience is a different matter.

He probably is, but just barely. You need a UEFA Pro License to be allowed to be head coach in the PL and Bruno was doing that course last year (and its an 18 month course).

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

He'd give Steve Cooper a run for his money in certain metrics. But probably not in the whole football management side of things.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Strange then that before he buggered of to Chelsea the expectation on NSC was that El Capitaine would steady the ship and take charge of the team until a new manager was appointed. Not one suggestion did I see at that stage that Crofty would get the job ahead of Bruno (and I don't tnk he would have got the job now if El Capitaine was still here),

Must have been a lot of very stupid people around, then, thinking that..

Notice you use the word assumption !!

Everybody guessed Bruno because of how they feel about him, not because he would have been the best person for the job.

Crofts has managed a team and has his relevant badges… so is ahead of Bruno no matter how much the good and the great of NSC loved Bruno.

Also Naylor did mention before their were questions about Bruno going that he wasn’t convinced Bruno would be the one given the responsibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here