[Football] Andre Gray's having a party...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Only if those kids have been regularly tested. There are only a limited number of tests per club, which is why Burnley couldn't fill a bench when 9 players were unavailable. Not that we don't have kids, but that they haven't been tested for coronavirus.

Surely if a player is injured there is no point wasting a test on them and use it on a player that would be eligable?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
WatfordFC breaking news
Club investigating circumstances surrounding gathering of approximately 20 people at Andre Gray's home last night which included Domingos Quina among attendees.

Arguably okay if ALL were players (albeit close to a match), but if mixing with the public?!

Imagine if a number of Watford players got ill. They'd have to forfeit fixtures...

Players are being tested twice per week.

What if all of the attendees had all just tested negative, I don't see the issue if that was the case. The TV Companies and the Clubs and the PL are telling these players that it is fine for them to take risks by turning up for training. Turning up at the ground on match days. They are virtually dictating for the most part that they should play in these matches. OK they can refuse to play but they are virtually shamed into turning up for matches so I don't see how anyone can condemn them if all the people who turned up had been recently tested.

If this had happened a month ago I would have been enraged about it but not now - The Club can't have it both ways and neither can the TV Companies and the Media who forced these guys back out to work

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He has already used the "only a young lad" card with his homophobic tweets. Wonder what he has up his sleeve to get out of this one.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

What if all of the attendees had all just tested negative, I don't see the issue if that was the case. The TV Companies and the Clubs and the PL are telling these players that it is fine for them to take risks by turning up for training. Turning up at the ground on match days. They are virtually dictating for the most part that they should play in these matches. OK they can refuse to play but they are virtually shamed into turning up for matches so I don't see how anyone can condemn them if all the people who turned up had been recently tested.

If this had happened a month ago I would have been enraged about it but not now - The Club can't have it both ways and neither can the TV Companies and the Media who forced these guys back out to work

But doesn't this assume that the only people at the party were other professional football players? This is exceptionally unlikely, and the Government's social distancing guidance is still in place. Yes, players are being tested twice a week, but the assumption is still that they should be practicing social distancing when they are away from training. It does place the rest of the team at much higher risk when players do this, and the potential ramifications are much more serious for a club in Watford's position. It also sends completely the wrong message out to their fanbase

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

In theory, players get tested, they trained in a closed system, they go home where they and the people they live are following social distancing guidelines and only going out when they need to. One of those social guidelines is a limit to the number of people you can have come over into your garden, while still maintaining social distancing.

To invite three times the permitted number of people into garden, most of whom are not regularly tested and risk bringing the virus into this group of people, two of whom may well spend several days in what was supposed to be a closed system putting teammates at risk before their next test (or the one after if the 5 day incubation period comes into play meaning they have it but don't return positive tests yet).

The safety of the return of the premier league was on the basis of protecting training grounds and stadia by following protocols on location and social distancing guidelines at home. I don't see this as the club or media 'having it both ways' when players don't follow the protocol.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
But doesn't this assume that the only people at the party were other professional football players? This is exceptionally unlikely, and the Government's social distancing guidance is still in place. Yes, players are being tested twice a week, but the assumption is still that they should be practicing social distancing when they are away from training. It does place the rest of the team at much higher risk when players do this, and the potential ramifications are much more serious for a club in Watford's position. It also sends completely the wrong message out to their fanbase

That's why I said " what if " they are all players who were recently tested

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In theory, players get tested, they trained in a closed system, they go home where they and the people they live are following social distancing guidelines and only going out when they need to. One of those social guidelines is a limit to the number of people you can have come over into your garden, while still maintaining social distancing.

To invite three times the permitted number of people into garden, most of whom are not regularly tested and risk bringing the virus into this group of people, two of whom may well spend several days in what was supposed to be a closed system putting teammates at risk before their next test (or the one after if the 5 day incubation period comes into play meaning they have it but don't return positive tests yet).

The safety of the return of the premier league was on the basis of protecting training grounds and stadia by following protocols on location and social distancing guidelines at home. I don't see this as the club or media 'having it both ways' when players don't follow the protocol.

My firm's office this week . They are following all the Rules and Regulations to the letter for reopening.

That is no guarantee of 100% safety and I get that. It's impossible to guarantee this.

They haven't insisted I go in but if they did and then said to me I can't go to the Pub next Saturday when they open.

There wouldn't be enough work arounds for me to get in all my swear words past the NSC swear word checks ��

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

The party-goers weren’t all players. The government house-hold mixing rules are pretty clear. And Watford have players who are very vocal/worried about passing the virus from work to family.

Watford fans are livid.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The party-goers weren’t all players. The government house-hold mixing rules are pretty clear. And Watford have players who are very vocal/worried about passing the virus from work to family.

Watford fans are livid.

See post #27

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Very valid argument if the other 18 people at the party are also tested twice a week with negative results.

Ultimately, I imagine they are in breach of agreements they have with the club about staying safe and fit to play. To a certain extent, even if they don't/didn't get ill, they still took unacceptable risks.

That also doesn't address the visuals. Footballers are role models and, as many will have noticed, the teen/twenty-somethings are not, in general, sticking to the rules as well as others. Seeing this on social media undermines the general health message and therefore risks lives.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My firm's office this week . They are following all the Rules and Regulations to the letter for reopening.

That is no guarantee of 100% safety and I get that. It's impossible to guarantee this.

They haven't insisted I go in but if they did and then said to me I can't go to the Pub next Saturday when they open.

There wouldn't be enough work arounds for me to get in all my swear words past the NSC swear word checks ��

He's not being criticised for doing something next week that will permitted next week, he's being criticised for doing something this week that goes against the guidelines that are currently in place for everyone.

For your comparison, your employers would be saying 'you can come back now, but remember to observe current social distancing guidelines'. Which, again, is not having it both ways.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Surely if a player is injured there is no point wasting a test on them and use it on a player that would be eligable?
They wouldn't waste tests on players out for the season, but they would test players on short term injuries or who weren't injured when the testing started. I don't know how long you need to have been in the prgramme before being available - two weeks seems likely, though.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Wonder what his relationship with Deeney is like after his much publicised concerns about returning due to his sons health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports