[Albion] And we struggle to sing GOSBTS in time...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not really sure why the hate of the words on the screen, why is it tinpot? It happens elsewhere without drawing criticism (that I’ve heard). I’ve never read or heard anyone other than the cool kids on here have a problem with it. As for the clapping, it’s a marching song, it sort of goes along with it, although it might be an idea to stop clapping for the last couple of lines when the music is turned down, but it’s not really a problem to me. .

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
One good reason for the words on the screen not being tinpot is that we’ve sung various versions/verses of GOSBTS over the years. Personally, I don’t suppose many people, unless they were Sussex County folk singers, knew every word of that verse before the Amex was built. We never used to sing it at any other home ground we had, it was always the simplified chorus that we sang - and that had a few different versions.
I always thought the verse about ploughing and sowing was the first verse, but it’s not. Who gives a monkey’s what any other fans think. It’s ours, it’s unique and it’s wonderful.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Agreed, that is amazing.

That Beijing Olympics opening ceremony I can remember being absolutely blown away by the massive fireworks footprints heading across the city towards the stadium. Turned out they were CGI.

Wasn't it a drone swarm?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wasn't it a drone swarm?

Nope that was the Dubai thing for the GP there the other year (and that WAS real). This was supposedly "fireworks". I don't think drone technology in 2008 would've been up to scratch for the type of display Dubai pulled off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports