Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Amex to Ditchling?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sorry to start a thread on this rather specific topic (mods feel free to boot it), but I need some help.

I need to get from the Amex to Ditchling after the Chelsea game. I don't know if there's a bus or buses. I know there isn't a train to Ditchling! I guess I could book a taxi. Does anyone do this route and know the public transport secret formula please.

I won't have my car (normally travel up from Dorsetshire) - so it has to be public transport or a taxi.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have a mate who walks to and from the Amex from Hassocks - it's about a 90 minute walk, so perfectly achievable if you don't want a cab.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Looking on Google maps, is there a short cut through Stanmer Park directly to Ditchling Road? Would cut out Coldean Lane and the hill.
Yes there are a number of bridleways that either go through the university or Stanmer Park.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Depends on what you are doing in Ditchling after the game, if it’s acceptable to turn up covered in mud and sweat, by all means walk, but I think a cab maybe the better option

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Depends on what you are doing in Ditchling after the game, if it’s acceptable to turn up covered in mud and sweat, by all means walk, but I think a cab maybe the better option
I suspect in an upper class village like Ditchling, one would be expected to be wearing very smart attire, very smart indeed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have a mate who walks to and from the Amex from Hassocks - it's about a 90 minute walk, so perfectly achievable if you don't want a cab.

Does he take a sherpa with him on the outbound ascent?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here