Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Amex match day travel

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Been in queue at Brighton station since 6.30. There's only one train left that will get us to Falmer in time. No way everyone's getting on that! Shambles.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’ll be approaching the stadium in the next 5 or 10 minutes, and we got to the top of Mill Road before 6:30.

Lots of punters are going to miss loads of the first half.

I might look into the cycling option next time.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's shit, it's never been good and it's getting worse.

TV is king sadly

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Caught the 19.22 off Brighton (couldn’t get an earlier one), ended up missing 8 minutes. Would have been perfect for a 19.45 kick off.

Oh and no match day service from Southern AGAIN.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Be under no illusions, this is genuinely an issue that the club couldn’t care less about. I know I’ll get flamed for that, but it’s the truth and is evidenced every single game, and has been for 11 years.
It’s the main negative that we have to suffer for playing where we play.

Many suggestions have gone into the club for years and I don’t recall any changes being made that have made a difference to the travel experience.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It's slowly getting worse.

The trains are worse
The car parks are worse
Ths congestion in the bus lanes worse.

Not sure what the answer is. I do think it's pretty shit that the club have lost a matchday car park (Bennett's Field) and a Park and Ride (Mithras) and have done seemingly very little to help the travel pressure other than to, er, extend the capacity.

££ over experience, same as it ever was I guess

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A27 closed from Lancing to Worthing tonight, more frustration after a very frustrating game

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Trains back a joke. 4 carriages and 20 minute gaps at times. We actually pay for this so sort it out Southern!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mill Road park n ride used to work a treat, allied to non existent A27 Falmer eastbound jams, by leaving it late.

Until this season, we could rock up at the top of Mill Road 30 or 45 minutes before KO and make our NS seats with time to spare. It paid to leave it later than the herd.

Now it’s chaos. Got to the NS late today, despite leaving home early.

I wonder if lots of folk have dumped the trains, even on non-strike weeks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A27 closed from Lancing to Worthing tonight, more frustration after a very frustrating game

Indeed.

"Oh f*** off", I exclaimed as I approached the lights and saw that.

I agree with the general sentiment. Over six hours door to door from Worthing for tonight's game. I can see thee being an occasion soon where I just think "I can't be bothered" and I'll watch it on the sofa instead.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Indeed.

"Oh f*** off", I exclaimed as I approached the lights and saw that.

I agree with the general sentiment. Over six hours door to door from Worthing for tonight's game. I can see thee being an occasion soon where I just think "I can't be bothered" and I'll watch it on the sofa instead.
Seriously, it took 6 hours from Worthing to the Amex?? Did you set off at lunchtime?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
In ground 1912 it doesnt look that full
It's slowly getting worse.

The trains are worse
The car parks are worse
Ths congestion in the bus lanes worse.

Not sure what the answer is. I do think it's pretty shit that the club have lost a matchday car park (Bennett's Field) and a Park and Ride (Mithras) and have done seemingly very little to help the travel pressure other than to, er, extend the capacity.

££ over experience, same as it ever was I guess
I think the overall match day experience certainly is off putting at times and for some they have had enough - probably explains why we dont sell out and more ST were available than previous years. You ask what is the answer and i dont think one answer will ever be enough. I guess most ppl must be affected by the trains and getting on one to Lewes today the driver came outta his seat (through the internal door) questioning if everyone had a 1st class ticket. I thought FFS Im sat in a seat because i move down the train as requested (if i sit in it more ppl can get on, it just so happened to be there) and it just happens you fill the train up - all rather unnecessary when its obvious most are going a stop anyway. Jobsworth!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here