Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was gonna say a salt of the earth, British Northerner. Can’t see it being Murray’s thing so Greer is an awesome shout. The worry though is we’ve moved on from the majority of players needing league 1 and league 2 domestic loans plus the odd championship one. Now we’re seeing them go to the top leagues in Europe and perhaps we’re such a huge club that we need TWO loan managers now :moo:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
For those saying recent Albion ex players, I'm not so sure.

This job would involve a lot more administrative, contract negotiation and scouting work than a coaching role, so I doubt you could jump straight into it successfully from a playing role. I believe we picked up Weir after he'd been doing something similar for another club.

Suspect it will be someone who none of us are aware of.

As a general rule, I'm not sure how I feel about the club constantly appointing our recent ex-players to backroom staff jobs. Yes, its a nice reward for loyal ex-players with a history at the club, but I do wonder if sometimes it means jobs dont go to the best candidate.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Curious to know how it'll work with loans when FIFA's new rule comes into play. I'm guessing we'll have to be far more selective with loans.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here