Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's free kick 'machine'

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That would be awesome in a pub beer garden!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There should be a version with Dan Burn in the wall for when we play them. Also someone laying on the ground at the base of the wall, but then I suppose you could just use a rolled up piece of carpet for that

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seems an utterly pointless over-engineered bit of kit.

Surely a set of static mannequins fixed at the maximum ‘jump’ height, does exactly the same job, at a fraction of the cost and faff?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Alexis referenced a free kick machine in the post-match interview on Sunday.

Do we have one of these? Or similar?

https://twitter.com/realmadrid/status/1564704510299316229

[tweet]1564704510299316229[/tweet]

I remember seeing a contraption at the academy, that looked like a trampoline on its side.
This was used for the GK, to practice catching the ball, that would come at them from different angles when rhe ball was bounced off it.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Surely a set of static mannequins fixed at the maximum ‘jump’ height, does exactly the same job, at a fraction of the cost and faff?

If it has only just been bought in, I would say it’s money well spent with MacAllister’s goal on Sunday, as I can’t remember the last time we scored direct from a free kick !

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He mentioned "working with the machine, with the software, how to hit the ball, different things"
So I've still no idea but I'm guessing it gives you a lot more feedback on what you've done with the ball than just getting to see where it went.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Its already failed as players are not all the same hight and some have more spring in their jump. I wonder if it would be worth analising the opposition wall and aiming above the shortest player with least spring (jump) . Must be worth a try.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Its already failed as players are not all the same hight and some have more spring in their jump. I wonder if it would be worth analising the opposition wall and aiming above the shortest player with least spring (jump) . Must be worth a try.
Where is the player lying down when they jump?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
....and you're telling us they haven't been programmed to match Leicester's jumping characteristics?

Where is the player lying down when they jump?
On the ground?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
....and you're telling us they haven't been programmed to match Leicester's jumping characteristics?

On the ground?

GT 49 Errr , I'm not telling you anything you seem to know everything already.

And to Spence ,
Good point .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here