Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Women v Man City Women - (Live Coverage)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I hope after club spending millions on upgrading training ground for them, Hope doesnt mention budgets

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I would guess about 100 with probably about 50 of those being freebies.

Why the need to attempt to build a women's league when it is quite clear most people couldn't give a damn?

Men haven't seen women playing netball and said "we want some of that" and set up a men's netball league.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
I would guess about 100 with probably about 50 of those being freebies.

Why the need to attempt to build a women's league when it is quite clear most people couldn't give a damn?

Men haven't seen women playing netball and said "we want some of that" and set up a men's netball league.

You're not going to like this but.... https://www.englandmmna.com/

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 19.41.14.png

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Actually official attendance was 1445, though obviously there would be some ticket holders that weren't able to be there as with all matches. Was certainly one of the busiest matches I've been to there for the women and certainly well over 1000...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Actually official attendance was 1445, though obviously there would be some ticket holders that weren't able to be there as with all matches. Was certainly one of the busiest matches I've been to there for the women and certainly well over 1000...

I am pleased attendance above 1000. Of course people will turn up for internationals or an occasion like a semi or a final. For the money Albion and other clubs put in it is vital that sooner rather than later club attendances increase. It is not a criticism but the game is so far removed that it is important they should realise that they have to attract a new audience rather than keep trying to get Albion supporters interested. For what they charge receipts for a home game very low so may as well give 1000s away each game and hope they stay interested in future

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
For the money Albion and other clubs put in it is vital that sooner rather than later club attendances increase. It is not a criticism but the game is so far removed that it is important they should realise that they have to attract a new audience rather than keep trying to get Albion supporters interested.

Those are the facts. It's pointless trying to pretend that there's a national interest in women's football and having the matches played in massive stadiums in front of crowds of 1000. It should have been started at a grass roots level and built from there if and when justified.

The business case for women's football was probably compiled by the same people who put together the business case for the i360.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here