Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion warned of the threat QPR pose [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion*have been warned that Queens Park Rangers pose as much of a threat to their unbeaten record as Derby County and Middlesbrough.
Chris Hughton’s Championship leaders visit third-placed Derby tomorrow and host second-placed Middlesbrough a week later, with a trip to mid-table Rangers in-between in the stiffest series of tests so far of their promotion credentials.
It will be the second match in charge of Rangers for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who was at the Amex last Saturday for the Seagulls’ 3-2 victory over Charlton.

Hughton told The Argus: “I see Queens Park Rangers in midweek being every bit as tough as the Derby and Middlesbrough games. Although they haven’t had the start Derby and Middlesbrough have, they’ve got a new manager.
“They will certainly be looking to get promotion, whether or not that is through the play-offs, and there are enough games and there is enough time for anybody to put in a good enough run.”
Hughton disagrees with Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy, who has predicted the current top three are unlikely to be shifted.
“I think there are a group of teams that are very capable of being part of that top group,” Hughton said.
“Sides like Blackburn with a new manager (Paul Lambert), Birmingham that have just dropped out of it but are very close, Cardiff who are right there. It’s such a long, hard season. I think it showed last season with Derby where they were, absolutely nailed on to get promotion. It didn’t happen.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here