Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion™

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Better not start shouting ALBION from the stands or PB will be visiting for breach of trademark

no he won’t,
but he will have prearranged for stewards to have little cash tins and each supporter will have to pay 10p for each time we use the word.

I guess that will be the modern day version of when the blanket used to carried around the pitch at the Goldstone

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
no he won’t,
but he will have prearranged for stewards to have little cash tins and each supporter will have to pay 10p for each time we use the word.

I guess that will be the modern day version of when the blanket used to carried around the pitch at the Goldstone

get that bloody blanket out of the way...!!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I really have little time for Burton's concerns, considering that they have variously been called Burton Town, Burton Swifts, Burton Wanderers, Burton All Saints and Burton United before finally settling on Burton Albion. I don't think they can get to choose all the suffixes at one time or another and then get snotty at someone else using the name :p

That's almost as bad as some of the Argus's use of the truth! :p:D

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I really have little time for Burton's concerns, considering that they have variously been called Burton Town, Burton Swifts, Burton Wanderers, Burton All Saints and Burton United before finally settling on Burton Albion. I don't think they can get to choose all the suffixes at one time or another and then get snotty at someone else using the name :p

To be fair, we nicked the name Albion from either West Brom, a local pub or a Brighton hotel, so I don’t think we can justify exclusive use of the name. I’m surprised and a little disappointed we seem to have got away with this. Whatever legal entity approved this doesn’t appear to have thought it through. Was it the government?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The Guardian article does say ‘Brighton and West Brom both claim the purpose of their trademarks is to curb the sale of unofficial merchandise, and it will not be used against other similarly named teams’.

I don’t think people need to be getting worried the club is getting above itself, it’s simply protecting itself from cheap imitations coming out now we’re a more well known club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Guardian article does say ‘Brighton and West Brom both claim the purpose of their trademarks is to curb the sale of unofficial merchandise, and it will not be used against other similarly named teams’.

I don’t think people need to be getting worried the club is getting above itself, it’s simply protecting itself from cheap imitations coming out now we’re a more well known club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooh. Is there any dodgy away turquoise or whatever colour it is shirts kicking about?

When last in Kusadasi in Turkey, we bought some “ Hugo boss” golf polo shirts. Still have them 8 years later. Every clubs shirts were available ….shop had a big sign. GENUINE FAKES

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair, we nicked the name Albion from either West Brom, a local pub or a Brighton hotel, so I don’t think we can justify exclusive use of the name. I’m surprised and a little disappointed we seem to have got away with this. Whatever legal entity approved this doesn’t appear to have thought it through. Was it the government?

Or maybe you don't understand the centuries-old concept of trademarks?

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
i wouldn't mind some fake merch. my son is now a true Brighton fan and talks of nothing but football. wants the posters in his room to be replaced by some seagull wall art etc - not much about.

wanted a Brighton pencil case but the black logo on the black case from the official shop was a poor offering.

He was also upset his Shoot Annual didn't have a single Brighton reference in it

Explained to him that if he supported us he has to understand we fly under the radar and its better than being a glory hunter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here