Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Museum now open

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Plenty of people would have given up, after all the grief and aggravation. Tim didn't, and was relentless in his pursuit of something that means so much to him (and us, obviously).

We are lucky to have the Museum. The club could have easily commandeered the space for pretty much anything. Yes, it opened late, but it IS open.

Let's celebrate that.

:thumbsup:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I just loved the copy of the letter supposedly from Eversheds solicitors threatening legal action against the protestors. Roy Shuter had marked all the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors on the letter and there's a little note he'd written at the bottom stating how he doubted it was genuine,accusing those that were running (or should that be ruining) the club of forging the letter.

Brilliant!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I just loved the copy of the letter supposedly from Eversheds solicitors threatening legal action against the protestors. Roy Shuter had marked all the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors on the letter and there's a little note he'd written at the bottom stating how he doubted it was genuine,accusing those that were running (or should that be ruining) the club of forging the letter.

Brilliant!

There's also a picture of the annotated letter in 'Build a Bonfire', of course.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I must read that book again. It's been ages since I last read it. Think I'll take it on my hols this year.

There's a new, reprinted edition out now, but I don't think they made any changes to the actual content

It's a great read, the only criticism I have is that there's no mention of the fact that before the York game some people broke into the ground and wrote 'Sack the Board' across the pitch! There's a photo of it in Stuart Weir's 'More than 90 Minutes' book.

It seems unreal that the match took place with that written on the pitch - would've looked great on the Football League Show! It really was pure anarchy at the Goldstone that season.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
The 'Brighton bedroom' is absolutely mental, how people ever dreamed up some of the (amazing) tat that's in their is astonishing!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Some good stuff in there. Lump in throat watching some of the archive footage. Because you have to join the usual ticket queue to get your entry ticket it'd be worth allowing some extra time on match days.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's a new, reprinted edition out now, but I don't think they made any changes to the actual content

It's a great read
, the only criticism I have is that there's no mention of the fact that before the York game some people broke into the ground and wrote 'Sack the Board' across the pitch! There's a photo of it in Stuart Weir's 'More than 90 Minutes' book.

It seems unreal that the match took place with that written on the pitch - would've looked great on the Football League Show! It really was pure anarchy at the Goldstone that season.

Currently available for £2 in the club shop sale :thumbsup:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Went to the museum for the first time today and have to say it is absolutely superb - highly recommended for anyone who hasn't been before! Tim Carder has done a magnificent job. Looking round all the brilliant memorabilia was definitely the highlight of my day (well, that and a nice pint in the Swan). Trust the actual football to spoil it...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Visited the museum this afternoon with my youngest son, we were both very impressed and I would recommend it to anyone.
Loads of stuff on display that I haven't seen before, my son was very impressed with the a Goldstone turnstile and the Albion bedroom.

Top job by Tim Carder and everyone else involved:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here