Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion International Call Ups

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's interesting that even though he has been at the Albion for a long while now he has still started less matches than Biss, Lallana, Moder and Gross this season, yet has outscored them all, and here he is starting alongside Messi.

For me one of the biggest disappointments of the season is that Gross still gets so much gametime. Potter should have backed Mac in the summer and told him he is the man.

I mean your mum would have a fair chance of outscoring all those people.... Ali Mac has been very inconsistent. Two goals against Evrton yes, great, but other than that what did he do against anyone?

When it comes to Gross, the problem for me is that Brighton usually play a lot better with him than without him. The improvement in performances last season coincided with him becoming a starter rather than a sub like he was for most of the start of the season. It is similar now. Plenty of complaints about him but most of the times when Brighton is playing well, he is on the pitch somewhere.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I mean your mum would have a fair chance of outscoring all those people.... Ali Mac has been very inconsistent. Two goals against Evrton yes, great, but other than that what did he do against anyone?

When it comes to Gross, the problem for me is that Brighton usually play a lot better with him than without him. The improvement in performances last season coincided with him becoming a starter rather than a sub like he was for most of the start of the season. It is similar now. Plenty of complaints about him but most of the times when Brighton is playing well, he is on the pitch somewhere.

I think, over time, that argument is diminishing. He isn't as fast as his rivals, he doesn't score from open play, he can slow the team down. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and give someone a run in the team who may not be as consistent at the start but has the potential to contribute a whole lot more in the long run. We did this with Bissouma who was inconsistent when replacing Stephens but we stuck with him and he turned out to be an upgrade.

However, Potter has chopped and changed his midfield so much everyine now is underperforming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here