Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Agustien, should Oscar/The Coaching Staff swallow their pride?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Whatever else we do we can't keep holding him up as the saviour that's going to change our season. I haven't seen anything in his play that tells me he's much different/better to what we have and I assume that the coaching staff know him better than us. Assuming he's not injured and sufficiently rested I'd be tempted to start Ince on Friday though. Keen, hungry and powerful. Not necessarily the Messiah (or even a very naughty boy) but might just freshen things up a bit again and give us a bit of impetetus. I'd also start Buckley and bring Kaz on as an impact sub again.

Ince is ****ing useless once he gets past the halfway line,no way should he be in the squad we need to score more goals that much is obvious, needless to say McSmudger is still shit at this level

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
We won't see him again. Will be shipped out in the Summer, even if just on loan.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
My reading of the situation is this.

After last season a key objective was to transition faster from defence to attack and Agustien was seen as the key to making the movement of the ball through midfield more fluid. Pre-season, he showed signs of doing this, although due to unfamiliarity with his team-mates, not everything he tried came off.

When he finally got over his niggly injury/fitness issues, he returned to the side and promptly put in a ponderous performance, which involved standing still, pointing at his feet and slowing the game down.

Some of the Garcia out mob, are suggesting that it is unrealistic to expect championship players to play like Barcelona. This summer we have the opportunity to clear out three sets of players.

1 Those who can not stay match fit.
2 Those who will not follow team instructions.
3 Those who have not proved themselves good enough to take us forward.

Someone here ticks all the boxes for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here