Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice on casual work required

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You know a fair bit about these things. I know nothing.

I appreciate it's a different mental area but the missus used to be a care worker for people with learning disabilities and supporting them to find suitable part time work for her clients was something she used to do. I'll have a chat and PM you.

HT's Missus will know what I mean. She'll be able to point things in the right direction.

I did just Google it and these appear to be the people for Sussex, though it does look like you've got to be referred by a mental health team to them - https://www.southdown.org/mental-health-recovery/our-employment-support

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I appreciate it's a different mental area but the missus used to be a care worker for people with learning disabilities and supporting them to find suitable part time work for her clients was something she used to do. I'll have a chat and PM you.
Thank you.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
He could try an employment agency and just tell them he wants casual work. Then they just ring him when they need someone here and there for the day. He's under no obligation to take it or commit to any set days or hours, the choice is entirely his depending on his mental state at the time. Sometimes they have opportunities for twilight shifts in factories which is usually only about 4 hours. Again he doesn't have to commit to that ongoing but just as a filler when people are off sick or when they're busy.As long as he doesn't let them down when he does accept work they'll probably be happy to keep using him on that basis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here