Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adrian Thorne - RIP

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I was 14 when I went to this game. The only way I managed to watch was by climbing on the top the shooting gallery that was made out of railway sleepers, at the side of the South stand and below the old wooden West stand. This wooden stand strangely burnt down that night and the first stage of the West stand we all remember was built in pre season. Great game and night that has lived in my memory all these years
RIP Adrian

You can also see from that clip that the Floodlights hadn't been built yet.
RIP Adrian

I can't read the original post since the NSC upgrade now blocks me from peeking at posts by people I have on ignore :facepalm:

But....good thread, and RIP.

Why was such a prolific scorer not picked, and nudged outof the club?

Calling the old timers! [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION]

Are you now looking at a blank screen then ? :thumbsup:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
RIP Adrian. I am another who was lucky enough to be at that match. All the more wonderful and the Club had had two near misses in the previous few seasons. Promotion was difficult in those days as only one team was promoted from each of the two Division 3s.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
That match I can recall with ease. What a night. The crowd, the atmosphere, and 5 goal Thorney. There was an innocence about the game then and that season in the end led us on a fantastic journey, full of ups and downs. .RIP Adrian and thanks for lovely memories..

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Respects Adrian.
I've no proof of the facts here but my Uncle Johnny Meadows RIP apparently appeared in the News of the World after this game for taking a bung. Any of you old boys remember? Was goal difference important?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Respects Adrian.
I've no proof of the facts here but my Uncle Johnny Meadows RIP apparently appeared in the News of the World after this game for taking a bung. Any of you old boys remember? Was goal difference important?
Double post

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Respects Adrian.
No the Albion won the league by two points but Brentford would have been promoted if the Albion had lost
There were rumours of a possible bung as it looked like some Watford players couldn’t be bothered.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here