Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A history lesson for RDZ.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
What are we supposed to get anxious about for the rest of the season?
Um....
Monied clubs stripping our player assets
Monied clubs stealing our manager
Not ending up with the requisite no of quality goalkeepers once the window slams shut
Repeat above for Cental Defenders, Full Backs, Defensive Midfielders, Attacking Midfielders, Wingers and Strikers
The configuration of the grass patterns at the Amex
World peace
Inflation...there's loads

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Don’t worry the pattern lately has been a good win followed by a bad defeat so we’ll lose 4 or 5-0 V Man City then we’ll beat Villa by a couple of goals.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Um....
Not ending up with the requisite no of quality goalkeepers once the window slams shut
Repeat above for Cental Defenders, Full Backs, Defensive Midfielders, Attacking Midfielders, Wingers and Strikers
World peace
Revolving doors for early leavers and players, in case they have a change of heart.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This isn’t how we do things here at the Albion. A late season collapse followed by an all-or-nothing tie at Villa Park is the Albion way. None of this blowing teams away with amazing football and getting the job done early, it’s not how we do things around here.
Light-hearted thread, I know, but we do tend to finish the season quite strongly most years and generally get the job done with 2-3 games to spare, just like we have this year. The whole 'doing things the hard way' is a bit of a myth.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Light-hearted thread, I know, but we do tend to finish the season quite strongly most years and generally get the job done with 2-3 games to spare, just like we have this year. The whole 'doing things the hard way' is a bit of a myth.
Yep. It does my head in the whole 'this is how we do it/typical albion' narrative of stress/struggle. It's just a coping mechanism for fear of failure. Last two promotions were sealed with three and five games to go.

I know it's not an overly serious thread and the fans of pretty much every club say the same thing but I find it (irrationally?) really annoying. Whatever club is saying it.

That said it is pretty sweet when you nail the last day decider a la Forest/Ipswich/Hereford.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yep. It does my head in the whole 'this is how we do it/typical albion' narrative of stress/struggle. It's just a coping mechanism for fear of failure. Last two promotions were sealed with three and five games to go.

I know it's not an overly serious thread and the fans of pretty much every club say the same thing but I find it (irrationally?) really annoying. Whatever club is saying it.

That said it is pretty sweet when you nail the last day decider a la Forest/Ipswich/Hereford.
I'm like you in that I find it far more annoying to read than I know I should. It's not just the promotions that we've sealed with games to spare either, all of our PL survivals in the seasons where that has been a pragmatic objective have been mathematically assured with games to spare.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Um....
World peace
Yeah, but apart from that...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

What are going to claim next, no Loch Ness monster, Santa Claus or Easter bunny ? :rolleyes:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This isn’t how we do things here at the Albion. A late season collapse followed by an all-or-nothing tie at Villa Park is the Albion way. None of this blowing teams away with amazing football and getting the job done early, it’s not how we do things around here.
I hope he realises it's traditional for the team to play like they're still pissed in final day matches at Villa Park. Best get big Shane back as Entertainments Officer for the final few days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I think you forgot Stockport (?) THE (second most important) Great Escape

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Our last four promotions were completed before the final games.

I suppose this is similar. But the 'Albion do things the hard way' is a bit of a myth.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I'm pretty sure the history lesson for RDZ goes something like:

The club was formed in 1901, not much happened for 121 years and then you walked in the door.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I refer you to the current state of the official match thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here