Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A bit of Perspective

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
In life you (I) get stuck on something and assume an opinion which is pretty hard to shake.

Potter leaving, Bruno especially, really pissed me off and I felt let down by them, even though I don't know them at all.

Then along comes life and kicks you in the knackers and you (I) realise that things could be a lot lot worse.

Last night I heard that a very good friend of mine passed away. He was 57. He was diagnosed with cancer less than 8 weeks ago and went downhill extremely fast. Very successful businessman, has 5 fantastic kids between 7 and 15.

One of the nicest guys you'd ever meet and genuinely would spend hours helping others. A mutual friends construction business was struggling a few years ago, my mate took off every morning from his own business for around 6 months to help his other friend turn his business around, for free.

So goodbye Graham Potter, Bruno and the rest. I loved (mostly) the football you did here and good luck in whatever you do. I'm over it.

Onwards and upwards. Life is too short.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
8 weeks, crikey. Really sorry to read this; the loss of your mate and the family he leaves does put things in perspective. RIP

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Very sorry for your loss.

I've been dealing with some quite major family stuff myself, so haven't had time to get too emotionally involved with this situation at the Albion.

My take out is that really, it doesn't matter at all in the big scheme of things - and better to have loved and lost. Potter was amazing for us, and took an amazing opportunity when it came up. I shan't boo him, and I think that over time those who are really angry will forgive.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry to hear that [MENTION=32905]B-right-on[/MENTION], think you are right, sometimes life has a way of just reminding you what really is important. Best wishes.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Really sorry to read this. Condolences to your friend's family and yourself. Absolutely puts things into perspective. <3

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My condolences. On the way to a funeral on Thursday we were informed of another relative's death. Both in their 90s and both lovely ladies, RIP.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My condolences [MENTION=32905]B-right-on[/MENTION]. And you're spot on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm sitting in a pub hotel room in Bishops Stortford, here for my brother's funeral at the church over the road tomorrow. He died of cancer, aged 56, two weeks ago.

His passing has hugely changed a lot of my perspective. A desire not to get hung up on stuff that doesn't matter in the end. A desire to concentrate on what does.

I love the Albion, but I've come to realise I actually love the social connections it has brought more. Top or bottom of the league they remain. My best times supporting the club were when things were at their worst.

So whether the management team has gone or not we are all still here.

And that's all that matters really. It's about building relationships and memories most of all.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'm sitting in a pub hotel room in Bishops Stortford, here for my brother's funeral at the church over the road tomorrow. He died of cancer, aged 56, two weeks ago.

His passing has hugely changed a lot of my perspective. A desire not to get hung up on stuff that doesn't matter in the end. A desire to concentrate on what does.

I love the Albion, but I've come to realise I actually love the social connections it has brought more. Top or bottom of the league they remain. My best times supporting the club were when things were at their worst.

And that's all that matters really. It's about building relationships and memories most of all.

Condolences for your loss mate. I totally agree with your sentiment and life is way way to short to hold onto upsets over something like football. Yes get upset, even for a couple of days. But then let it go and get on with enjoying life.

You really never know what is around the corner.

Hope it goes as well as possible.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
In life you (I) get stuck on something and assume an opinion which is pretty hard to shake.

Potter leaving, Bruno especially, really pissed me off and I felt let down by them, even though I don't know them at all.

Then along comes life and kicks you in the knackers and you (I) realise that things could be a lot lot worse.

Last night I heard that a very good friend of mine passed away. He was 57. He was diagnosed with cancer less than 8 weeks ago and went downhill extremely fast. Very successful businessman, has 5 fantastic kids between 7 and 15.

One of the nicest guys you'd ever meet and genuinely would spend hours helping others. A mutual friends construction business was struggling a few years ago, my mate took off every morning from his own business for around 6 months to help his other friend turn his business around, for free.

So goodbye Graham Potter, Bruno and the rest. I loved (mostly) the football you did here and good luck in whatever you do. I'm over it.

As my wife and I have discovered, life can get turned on its head in the blink of an eye.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and condolences to you and his family.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Maybe that's it, maybe it's this big leveller of cancer that has made me say WTF when it comes to all things Brighton of the past week - as ultimately football doesn't really matter, does it?

So sorry to hear of your loss.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

THANK YOU , and GOD rest this wonderful mans soul .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here