Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£8.5M bid turned down for Winger Moses Simon

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Received this today. Sounds legit.

DEAR FRIEND

I know this email will come as a surprise to you. I am a Nigerian Prince and heir to the throne. I an writing to tell you that I used to play football with Moses Simon. He has skill like your legendary striker Richard Tiltman and runs about like Chuba Akpom. For 10 million Euros, I will drive him in a Rolls Royce to the AMEX stadium myself. Please send the payment details to the account below and I will include some a set of Stanstead knock off tracksuits as a goodwill gesture.

Yours
Prince Farrington of Abuja

Dear Friend,

My name is Dr.Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu. It is my pleasure to write this mail basically to seek your consent on transaction which involves transfer of an over-invoiced contract for Moises Simon from my agency to your bank account. The amount involved is S$2million.

I am a member of the Football Contract Award Committee (CAC) in my ministry Nigerian National Football Association (NNFA). The contract was intentionally over-invoiced from the real value of contract award US$8.5m to the present face value of US$10.5m. Formal approval for payment has been granted to the total face value of US$10.5m and the real contract value U$8.5m has been paid on announcement of the new contract in July 2022. Then the remaining balance of US$2million is what I intend to process to your private bank account for the benefit of you and I.

There is an official embargo prohibiting all serving civil servants from operating foreign bank accounts. It is a serious barrier to me hence it is wisely thought to make this contact to you seeking your kind cooperation to work this transaction out.

The modalities of sharing and safety of the fund in your bank account will be discussed as soon as you indicate your willingness to work with me.

Please furnish us with the following information below:

(1) Your Full Names
(2) Your Resident or Office Address
(3) Your Direct Telephone/Fax Number
(4) A Scanned Copy of Your ID Card or Passport
(5) Your Bank Account Details.

Indicate your interest in working with me through this email address(office.investment@yandex.com)

Regards
Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu

Zzzzzz :yawn:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Just can’t see this one happening, besides the price and age I would suggest we’re only be linked because we were after him before? But that was back in 2017 way before Potter arrived when we had a totally different team and style.
He’s probably not even on Potter’s radar

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not really what? Veltman cost 900k so obviously a complete no brainer as far as any concerns over lack of re-sale value. £8m on a player approaching his late 20s would be unusual for us. Unless you can offer up an example!

Percy Tau?

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Well spotted Stumpy but as we have players coming through the pipeline, Khadra, Sima. Sarmiento and Mitoma. Who all can play in this position it seems unlikely.

But you never know!!

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not convinced.

Only older players lately have been Veltman, Welbeck and Lallana, one of whom has proven to be an absolute Top Bargain, one of whom may prove to be an even bigger Bargain now he's fixed (hopefully) and one of whom we bought in for his top level experience throughout the club.

Can't see him matching any of those criteria.

Guaranteed he will now sing within the hour :wink:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Rumoured we may be back for him but witth players coming back from loans etc seems superfluous and offers nothing different.
Its a no from me.. Minsmimo (off to France for £15m) would’ve been a better proposition

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS - All the (non international) players are due back this Thursday for fitness check ups . Training starts on Monday July 4th - with the closed door RUSG match on the 9th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here