Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2024 Summer Transfer Window

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I would like our medical team to be strengthened with more focus on prevention. I would like the position of set piece coach to be reviewed and strengthened. I would like a beer with my dinner tonight.

I’m fairly confident about the beer.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
With no Thursday evening football and travel, the squad will have the huge luxury Spurs/Wolves/Chelsea/Bmuff had this season of a week’s conditioning and tactics for most PL games.

I agree, but I like to think we have the ambition to want future Wed/Thu evening football, so would like our medical team to be fully capable and primed to keep the squad fit should we do well enough to finish in the European places again. I’m not convinced that was the case this season, it felt like we had to push our players past their realistic limits at times.

Some of our players will be at the Euros over the summer, so another year without a full summer break awaits. I’m hoping we’ve learnt from this season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree, but I like to think we have the ambition to want future Wed/Thu evening football, so would like our medical team to be fully capable and primed to keep the squad fit should we do well enough to finish in the European places again. I’m not convinced that was the case this season, it felt like we had to push our players past their realistic limits at times.

Some of our players will be at the Euros over the summer, so another year without a full summer break awaits. I’m hoping we’ve learnt from this season.

Imho our fate was sealed by 1 Sept. No quality DM’ers, no quality cover for Velts or Estupinan. The first few weeks of PL football were the calm before the storm.

The squad was inadequate to fight on several fronts in terms of experience but still with pace and true quality.

Should be a far easier fix this summer with just regular football next season. Subject to; we wouldn’t want Pedro or Mitoma demanding to move on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Imho our fate was sealed by 1 Sept. No quality DM’ers, no quality cover for Velts or Estupinan. The first few weeks of PL football were the calm before the storm.

The squad was inadequate to fight on several fronts in terms of experience but still with pace and true quality.

Should be a far easier fix this summer with just regular football next season. Subject to; we wouldn’t want Pedro or Mitoma demanding to move on.
This. The one thing we do know is that TB/PB learn very quickly………there will be some significant strengthening of the squad this summer.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Probably the key area for us going into next season. Things have got worse since Adam Brett left.

Haven't we just signed someone from Arsenal?
We have and, given Arteta's ability to play pretty much the same players despite far more fixtures than us, hopefully this appointment augurs well.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A lot of people have said this about Hinsh.
Makes no sense to me. He's a central midfielder. Surely, in the long term, we want him to become a lynchpin in the centre of the pitch rather than effectively retraining him?!
Sure but hes simply not going to get game time centrally at the moment, we will be shopping in that area.

Hes a very young man, playing numerous positions is great for him and us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here