Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] #2, must try harder

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I am completely ignorant on this, but what does ketamine ‘do’ and what are the effects, presumably not good after a while?
Just say "no" kids....

What are the possible risks/side-effects? Tiredness or sleepiness may occur for a short period of time after taking the prescribed dose. You may also experience a sensation that everything feels ‘unreal’ or ‘far away’ but this will last for only a short time. Other common side-effects include: drowsiness vivid dreams hallucinations (feeling, seeing or hearing something that is not actually there) dysphoria (feeling unwell or unhappy) These symptoms can also be signs that your dose of ketamine is too high. Less commonly reported side-effects include an increase in blood pressure, and a fast heart rate. We do not know what the long term problems are with using this medicine. Some studies suggest that there may be problems with memory loss or thought processing, but it is not known if this is a problem with the dosage being used at The Christie. More recently there have been reports of ketamine causing problems with kidney function, ulcers in the bladder and urinary tract (the tube that passes urine out of your body), and lower abdominal pain on long term use. Most of these patients had been using ketamine for recreational purposes. 8 However, there were some who were taking it to treat pain. If you have any of the following problems: pain on passing water blood in the urine needing to pass urine more often, then please contact your GP or your pain nurse or pain doctor. Ketamine can cause skin irritation if given by continuous injection under the skin. Your nurse will check the skin daily for signs of redness or swelling and change the needle if needed. Please tell your nurse if you have any redness or discomfort at the needle site.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Ket is the drug of choice among Gen Z and Millennials.

Not much coke or Heroin around at the moment. Relatively speaking.

A night on Ket is cheaper than booze. But much more dangerous.

It can induce a rigor mortis like state where the person cannot move or be moved. Paranoia, heart failure, strokes, extreme behaviour and more.

Avoid. The stuff around at the moment is not to be messed with.

Fentanyl seems to be cut into everything these days too.
You missed the word "allegedly" a few times in there...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I am completely ignorant on this, but what does ketamine ‘do’ and what are the effects, presumably not good after a while?
Makes you feel stoned and drunk at the same time but if you have too much you won't be able to leave your chair and might have an out of body experience.

There's a lot of research being carried out into its potential use to help with severe depression and it is used in developing countries as an anasthetic because it's cheap.

I went to a talk about safe drugs use in Brighton last year and his advise was firstly don't use drugs and secondly if you have to use drugs coke/heroin especially when mixed with alcohol are the worst things you could possible do.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You can’t blame the Aussies getting coked up when simply going for a walk in the countryside is a fight for survival

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My daughter told her infant school teacher I was a coke addict. This was because I would not let her have Diet Coke and she asked why I drunk it all the time, but she was not allowed any. I explained it contained a lot of caffeine that made it addictive and it is not a good thing to drink. I not 100% sure how they got on to the subject of addiction in an Infant school, but the teacher was relieved when I explained it was the tinned variety 😂

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

It can induce a rigor mortis like state where the person cannot move or be moved. Paranoia, heart failure, strokes, extreme behaviour and more.

Never been much of a drug user due to trust issues - why would I put into my body something some dodgy, untrustworthy c**t of a scumbag sold me just on heresay as to what it was and what it contains? Happiest drug use in my history is smoking weed in the Himalayas to help with altitude sickness - bought from an old girl in a hut where we could see it was growing in her back garden. It was rough as feck but did the job nicely. Bemuses me that people will buy any old shit based on what they are told it is (cut with other stuff or actually too pure).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never been much of a drug user due to trust issues - why would I put into my body something some dodgy, untrustworthy c**t of a scumbag sold me just on heresay as to what it was and what it contains? Happiest drug use in my history is smoking weed in the Himalayas to help with altitude sickness - bought from an old girl in a hut where we could see it was growing in her back garden. It was rough as feck but did the job nicely. Bemuses me that people will buy any old shit based on what they are told it is (cut with other stuff or actually too pure).
Second to Aus, you need to get on it, you’re country needs you!

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
I always thought Australia was more of a ecstacy/pill nation because of the crazy high costs of getting cocaine into the country so this is surpring. I just googled and it said "A gram typically costs between A$250 to A$400" :oops: They're clearly earning too much money.

I remember reading a good article on how Albanians completely changed the UK cocaine market. They got direct links to the South American cartels and were buying at a fraction of the price. The quality went up and the price came down and the end up selling to all the other big dealers in Liverpool etc that previously had all the market. I thought they did a forbes business case study on it, but I think I must have made that up.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Wow - you're a cheerful charlie today !

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
maybe in the US but not sure it’s shown up much here based on UK public testing services
It’s getting pretty common here. I’ve dealt with a few overdoses due to fentanyl and we are warned that when handling any suspect substance to double glove and get it into an evidence bag ASAP as the strain of stuff going around can be absorbed through the pores.

Bit it’s likely not as prevalent, I’m not taking any risks though!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I always thought Australia was more of a ecstacy/pill nation because of the crazy high costs of getting cocaine into the country so this is surpring. I just googled and it said "A gram typically costs between A$250 to A$400" :oops: They're clearly earning too much money.

I remember reading a good article on how Albanians completely changed the UK cocaine market. They got direct links to the South American cartels and were buying at a fraction of the price. The quality went up and the price came down and the end up selling to all the other big dealers in Liverpool etc that previously had all the market. I thought they did a forbes business case study on it, but I think I must have made that up.

Australia for many years had had the highest per capita use of Methamphetamine and MDMA (ecstacy) out of nations in Oceania, Asia and Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here