Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 1901 away ticket process

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Does anyone know what the process is for 1901 members award tickets. I have a ticket for tonight in my name and I am going but the club are not sure whether I will need ID?. Also got a ticket for Man City away and not sure if I can go, so will give to my godson, but this will have my name on it and not his? I have suggested that the club put something on the ticket to indicate that it is a 1901 member ticket, which I am awaiting a response. Think this is a process that was not given a lot of thought as the club are not sure. Before I get abuse for being a 1901 member, been a fan for 59 years, season ticket holder at Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean, but disagree we should be given priority for away tickets.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Does anyone know what the process is for 1901 members award tickets. I have a ticket for tonight in my name and I am going but the club are not sure whether I will need ID?. Also got a ticket for Man City away and not sure if I can go, so will give to my godson, but this will have my name on it and not his? I have suggested that the club put something on the ticket to indicate that it is a 1901 member ticket, which I am awaiting a response. Think this is a process that was not given a lot of thought as the club are not sure. Before I get abuse for being a 1901 member, been a fan for 59 years, season ticket holder at Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean, but disagree we should be given priority for away tickets.
Don't worry, they have a special entrance for your lot with no security checks and a red carpet (y)

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Yes Hoping for a red carpet and not mixing with the plebs. My ticket has my name on it though. Spoke to the club and they say they made a mistake and should not put my name on
It, they can reissue or I bring my Id..... sounds like a great system.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I got a call from the club yesterday about Wolves away ticket, they asked if I was going or giving the ticket away as they'd wrote my name on it.
If I wasn't going and letting someone else have the ticket then they would've printed another one. Not sure if that helps???

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I got a call from the club yesterday about Wolves away ticket, they asked if I was going or giving the ticket away as they'd wrote my name on it.
If I wasn't going and letting someone else have the ticket then they would've printed another one. Not sure if that helps???
Thanks, yes think they realised that they needed to do something different for the 1901 members and just realised after implementing a half backed scheme.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Do you have a driving license photocard?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yes Hoping for a red carpet and not mixing with the plebs. My ticket has my name on it though. Spoke to the club and they say they made a mistake and should not put my name on
It, they can reissue or I bring my Id..... sounds like a great system.
My Cithe ticket has just dropped through my front door and it has my name crudely written on it.

Based on what you've said there they shouldn't have done (I am 1901 member)?

What a joke this is! Must take hours and hours to do all tickets. It's going to take even longer if there are additional checks they have to do.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wow! Not a great solution!

Imagine the instructions to the intern: “Right. Go through these 3,000 tickets, and write the name on the ticket. Except if the name appears on this other list, when you don’t. Don’t guck it up otherwise we’ll have to invoke the back up procedure of printing another ticket (but do the Albion have the capability of printing away tickets? Surely not?). Unless it’s close to the game when we’ll instruct the fan to pick it up at the away ticket office with ID. Unless the 1901er wants to give their ticket away, in which case, errr, I’m sure we’ll figure it out. Clear?”

What could possibly go wrong?!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
but do the Albion have the capability of printing away tickets? Surely not?
Highly unlikely I would say else they would just print them with peoples names on surely?

Just checked the receipt you get and there is nothing on there that I can see that suggests I'm a 1901 member so you must be correct that they will have to dedupe against another list.

What a waste of time to solve a problem that doesn't really exist.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
I went to Man United first game. No one checked names on tickets. Do they usually check and other grounds?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I went to Man United first game. No one checked names on tickets. Do they usually check and other grounds?

It's a new policy, this is the first game it has applied to
(well, apart from Palace)

Reactions: Vin

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
My Cithe ticket has just dropped through my front door and it has my name crudely written on it.

Based on what you've said there they shouldn't have done (I am 1901 member)?

What a joke this is! Must take hours and hours to do all tickets. It's going to take even longer if there are additional checks they have to do.
My Man City tickets came through this morning with no name on them, then about an hour ago another call from the same young lad from the ticket office who rang yesterday repeating what he said about the wolves tickets!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
My Man City tickets came through this morning with no name on them, then about an hour ago another call from the same young lad from the ticket office who rang yesterday repeating what he said about the wolves tickets!
Sorry what was said about the Wolves tickets?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here