Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex Albion player in Saturday's programme

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Did anyone else spot what Tim Carder wrote about one player in Saturday's programme?

Apparently the midfielder (I'm on a course in London so this is from recollection) once scored from the halfway line with a header and was known as the man with a cast-iron head!

Those balls were like medicine balls back then too!

Apparently he 'lost his appetite' for the game when a Gilllingham forward was killed in a clash of heads!

How hard was this bloke's head? I thought Fozzie was the hardest header of a ball ever but thanks to our esteemed club historian I stand corrected!

We may have a shit footie team at present but our matchday programme is top notch!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I look forward to reading about that! I only skimmed through that and plan to work my way through the programme tonight.

Particularly enjoyed what I read of Tim Carder's Albion XI though...

We do have a very good programme, although I would quite like for fans to be able to submit an article as opposed to just Mike Ward. If he can, why can't we? ???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Buzzer said:
We may have a shit footie team at present but our matchday programme is top notch!
We do - but it's NSC HERESY to say so. Just look at, say, the Doncaster one, for the sake of comparison: dull, full of small-time local businessmen in shiny suits and nothing to read whatsoever.

KPTF

Jan 6, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think it's a great read, especially Spencer Vignes articles. Wish they'd reinstate the total club appearances on the stats page as I like to see who's coming up to a milestone & how Harty & Kerry are doing in their race to 400 apps!

D

Deleted User X18H

he player was called Paul Moody I believe I used to go out with his grandaughter called Theresa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here