Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everything you do/say in future searchable on Google?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It is potentially a step on the road to a dystopian future for our society

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Good article thanks. Reminded me of an article written by some guy who has been wearing a computer for decades now. I forget his name.

That video that was posted on here a few days back was good/relevant too

if you didn't see it - Sight on Vimeo

D

Deleted member 22389

If anyone is wearing these things, I will refuse to chat with them. I will ask them to remove the stupid things. I can see these ending up in the workplace one day. I can also see these being added to normal glasses, so you want know if someone is connected or not. These are not good for anyone or their own privacy, get rid.

I like Google, I love Google Maps, I love Google Search, but sometimes things go a step too far and I think this is one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Luckily my friends aren't twats so I doubt I will regularly run into people wearing this flummery. However if I do they can f*** off.

D

Deleted member 22389

Luckily my friends aren't twats so I doubt I will regularly run into people wearing this flummery. However if I do they can f*** off.

Agreed there is a limit. It's not your friends you need to worry about, it's other people wearing them. As much as this is good technology, like all technology it will abused.

I am sure the first people to wear them will also be the ones moaning about "big brother society" etc. But they (think they) will will look cool so it won't matter.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good article thanks. Reminded me of an article written by some guy who has been wearing a computer for decades now. I forget his name.

That video that was posted on here a few days back was good/relevant too

if you didn't see it - Sight on Vimeo

Yep - very good video. Very Black Mirror.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I am sure the first people to wear them will also be the ones moaning about "big brother society" etc. But they (think they) will will look cool so it won't matter.

usually it'll be the kind of people who just like technology who will go for it. Then there will be lots of people moaning about 'big brother society'...........until they get one themselves.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Police, shop workers, your customers... you may not have a choice.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Police, shop workers, your customers... you may not have a choice.

Seeing as I don't break the law I would not be obliged to talk to the police. I am not obliged to shop anywhere I don't want to. I don't have customers. I will have as much choice as I want.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Just read this on another site concerning google glass , made me laugh....

" every time i see someone with a google glasses, i'm going to go up to them and scream "google glasses: image search horse f**k. safe search off. open first 50 results in new tabs...

i will then run off into the night "

Brilliant !!!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Just read this on another site concerning google glass , made me laugh....

" every time i see someone with a google glasses, i'm going to go up to them and scream "google glasses: image search horse f**k. safe search off. open first 50 results in new tabs...

i will then run off into the night "

Brilliant !!!

brilliant! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here