Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French arthouse movies

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Does anyone know the names of any black and white french art house movies. My mate is putting on a club night and wants to have some art house visuals projected onto the wall. The more people sit around tables smoking and being existential the better. It goes without saying that there should b tits and muff in it too. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I was gonna put up a thread t'uther day requesting decent French film recommendations from the last three decades in the mould of:

Three Colours Triology
Betty Blue
Subway
Diva
Tell No One
That one about a couple who get video's of their house sent to them by some disgruntled chap with middle eastern or north African roots - quite recent flick, can't remember the name.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but if anyone's got any recommendations - and none of that black and white crap!

:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was gonna put up a thread t'uther day requesting decent French film recommendations from the last three decades in the mould of:

Three Colours Triology
Betty Blue
Subway
Diva
Tell No One
That one about a couple who get video's of their house sent to them by some disgruntled chap with middle eastern or north African roots - quite recent flick, can't remember the name.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but if anyone's got any recommendations - and none of that black and white crap!

I've got all of them, and the one you describe (with the horrific scene in his flat).
Edit: It's called "Hidden" ("Caché" in French)

Top stuff.

And I challenge any bloke not to get a right stonk on after watching the opening scenes of Betty Blue. :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yes that's the one Sim. Delicatessen - done, will check out 'Manon.' Also need to get my chops on 'I've Loved You So Long' and 'Paris'

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes that's the one Sim. Delicatessen - done, will check out 'Manon.' Also need to get my chops on 'I've Loved You So Long' and 'Paris'
I also have "I've loved You So Long". Great film, featuring Kristin Scott Thomas as a French sister. I was amused to see the way they explained away her English accent as someone who was sent to England when she was younger. That didn't really wash, but as I say, another good film.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Tell No One

I finally got round to watching that last night, that film is brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here