Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Failure of Poyet to sign...

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Unless I've missed something. Why hasn't Poyet signed? Don't bother with the "nothing to worry about, he's still got a year on his contract" responses. Well over a month ago we were assured by Tony Bloom that he would be signing in the next few days, he didn't, he hasn't. The club has gone silent. There must be a major difference of opinion if they have been unable to resolve it in a month.

Anyone know?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Because he's using us as a stepping stone and will soon want to further his career by moving on to a bigger and better club with greater financial resources in the transfer market?

Just a thought.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Maybe he is just concentrating on building a squad now and when that is done he will sign. Lets be honest, he will go if a big club comes in for him whether he has a year or four years left on the deal. If he hasn't signed up by Christmas then that would be reason to worry.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is a slight concern and will become more so if we start off well and somebody in the championship or lower prem sack their manager after a poor start, around September which sometimes happens when chairmen panic

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Unless I've missed something. Why hasn't Poyet signed? Don't bother with the "nothing to worry about, he's still got a year on his contract" responses. Well over a month ago we were assured by Tony Bloom that he would be signing in the next few days, he didn't, he hasn't. The club has gone silent. There must be a major difference of opinion if they have been unable to resolve it in a month.

Anyone know?

Should be this week, he's been a bit busy chasing new players.

Oct 25, 2003
i'd be suprised if a big club was after him, he'll have to achieve something with us first surely?

at the end of the day he's had less than a year of management and apart from improving a shit team, nothing on his CV

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Because he's using us as a stepping stone and will soon want to further his career by moving on to a bigger and better club with greater financial resources in the transfer market?

Just a thought.

Sorry to say but I absolutely agree, for once, whether he has 1 or 4 years on his contract it won't effect it, if a big club comes in, he will go, there is nothing we can do, and I don't blame him for it be honest.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
everyone saying "its ok he has a year anyway" is blind to the FACT that we'd get more compensation if he goes on a 4 year contract as apposed to a one year deal....SIGN UP!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
At least on a one year deal, if we are bottom 4 at christmas it will cost us less to boot him. :US:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
It is a little strange how we haven't heard anything at all. Something must be going on in the background.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
it could be that he wants all background staff on a similar contract, I mean its quite obvious if he goes Taricco wil go with him and that scouting bloke whos name escapes me now. Could be part of a bigger package thus delaying the deal?

ooohhh RUMOURS and that!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
are you surmising ? or do you know this based on something tangible ?

Probably based on the signings we have made, and the mention of 2 more, possibly three Gus made last week. I Don't think the comment was about specific potential signings, but about the ones that have been made, they would have been a distraction.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I worked for East Sussex County Council for 27 years without ever signing a contract of employment.

That was in the 'good old days' when contracts of employment were unheard of. If you did your job well, which obvious;ly you did, you kept your job and got paid if not you were sacked end of story. Times have changed now perhaps not entirely for the better.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
need to get him signed up pronto, especially before the season starts...dont want the distraction!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I worked for East Sussex County Council for 27 years without ever signing a contract of employment.

If you'd been any good another council would have offered you a massive pay rise and a signing on fee, you must have been a Dario Grady :lolol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
everyone saying "its ok he has a year anyway" is blind to the FACT that we'd get more compensation if he goes on a 4 year contract as apposed to a one year deal....SIGN UP!

Good point

lets offer him a 100 year contract so no-one can ever steal him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here