Formation on Saturday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which formation for Saturday against Exeter?

• 4-5-1 switching to 4-3-3 when attacking

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • 4-4-2

Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Simple really. Carrying on discussions on other threads as to whether we should carry our away 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation into home games or stick with 4-4-2.

You decide.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
4-5-1
The three central midfielders and two out and out winger give a nice balanced shape to the side.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
4-5-1

Although it does seem too negative at home. However as our home form is absolutely pony, and it has worked well (albeit away from home), I think we should go with it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Although I don't usually agree with changing systems to suit players, I think it would be harsh to drop Dicker or Navarro. Adding to that Crofts is captain, and with the last 2 results, it really is hard to see past 4-5-1 for me.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
4-5-1 looks the best formation we have had for a while. Leave Bennett and Lua Lua to break down the wings and support Murray up front. Also with Bennetts defending ability it means Calderon can occasionally break forward knowing he has cover!

With Dicker back more towards central midfield he can have much more influence on the game and Crofts and Navarro do the covering behind him.

I think 4-5-1 fits the players we have in our team.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Was it this time of year almost exactly 10 years ago , in Micky Adams first full season, that we settled into a 4-5-1 formation and went on to have a 14 game unbeaten run?.

We all know what happened the following season :clap2:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuipers (GK)
Elphick (CB)
El-Abd (CB)
Bennett (RWB)
McNulty (LWB)
Dicker (CM)
Navarro (CM)
Crofts (CM)
LuaLua (AM)
Forster (FW)
Murray (FW)

CHARGE. :thumbsup:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Painter was one of our best players on Tuesday, as he has been for the last few games.

I'm not having a go at him, I'm just giving my crack pot suggestions to them team selection. It doesn't matter, anyway. Poyet doesn't care what I think, as proven by keeping Brezovan at the club. :eek:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Same team as Tuesday same formation = same match outcome, Albion win.

I can't believe anyone wants to play 4-4-2 OR change the formation at all after the lads did such a good job on Tuesday. absolute joke.:shootself

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
442... we should be playing with 2 strikers against Exeter...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
442... we should be playing with 2 strikers against Exeter...

Exactly need to attack right from the start

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports