Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer station at the end of matches

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
OK here's the scenario. We have just thrashed the scum 5-0 (of course) in our first game at Falmer. 22,000 fans are leaving the ground together, including 2000 scummers. 5000 of those fans want to head for Falmer station including most of the scummers. The walkway to the station is our first opportunity to give them a kicking and then we'll be together on the Brighton-bound platform :D.

Or will we? How can the fans be kept apart? Will away fans be kept behind for 10 minutes? Presumably the club are starting to give this some thought so can anyone put us in the picture? And what improvements are planned for the station? And can Southern put on enough trains for the end of games (as discussed previously here on NSC) or will there be 5000 people standing on a platform for half an hour pushing opposition supporters onto the track?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
They'll be kept behind without any shadow of a doubt. Not sure why we need to be put into the picture until the time though.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
or will there be 5000 people standing on a platform for half an hour pushing opposition supporters onto the track?
That's what you get at Blackburn & Bolton. It's a DISGRACE.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Palace fans to Lewes, then up to East Croydon that way?

Maybe but that would piss me off because I would be on the train with them to Lewes on the way back to Eastbourne!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm sure this has been thought through, but it seems like a nightmare scenario.

From my own position being a bus user, Brighton & Hove Buses struggle to provide enough buses into the town after a game at Withdean, so with say 12-15,000 leaving Falmer and assuming a doubling of the people using buses will they be able to ramp up? :eek:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm sure this has been thought through, but it seems like a nightmare scenario.

From my own position being a bus user, Brighton & Hove Buses struggle to provide enough buses into the town after a game at Withdean, so with say 12-15,000 leaving Falmer and assuming a doubling of the people using buses will they be able to ramp up? :eek:

Don't worry, Boris is discontinuing the London Bendy Buses just in time for the first match at Falmer

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sod Palace, I'm wondering how 20,000 Brighton fans are going to get away from Falmer.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
It is hopped that some fans will stay behind and have a few beers before making the trip home.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think they will hold back the 20,000 Brighton fans for their own safety.

I agree we wouldn't want a Brighton fan to be arrested for murder.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It is hopped that some fans will stay behind and have a few beers before making the trip home.

Going to be a mass scramble after every evening home game.

Still, I'm sure there's enough enterprising enterprises out there to lay on private coaches, rickshaws, jet-packs/drink dispensers to ensure everyone gets away in a relatively civilsed manner. Trains won't cope, that's for sure, unless there's some kiind of Goldstone style 'Football Special' shuttle service laid on.

But who cares right now. The stadium's rising out of the ground and life is SWEET! :clap2:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
they would have been battered in an ambush prior to the game so no problem at all.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Maybe some of you should have aired these fears earlier then we wouldn't have to worry because we wouldn't have a ground.

There are much bigger crowds at grounds all over the country and not many have a station and bus route on site.

if you can't handle being in a crowd of more than 6,000 then don't go. I remember the 30,000+ Goldstone crowds and sure there were crowds at hove station but they soon cleared.

Give it a few games and most locals will have sussed out their best route.

The approach paths between the stadium and the station platforms are designed to provide waiting space, before people are admitted to the platforms.

Just like West Ham United and access to the London Underground. They only allow one train-load at a time on to the platform. Everyone else is in a queue that is fenced off.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Don't be so bloody stupid, 22,000 fans being in the ground at the final whistle, 10,000 Brighton fans will have left with ten minutes to go in the rush for the bus/train, it happens at Withdean, it will happen at Falmer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here