Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News this morning

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
According to 5 live, Sheffield United have won thier legal case against West Ham over the Carlos Tevez affair, and will subsequently have to pay £30 million to Shef Utd in compensation!!.:ohmy:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
they are not talking numbers yet, I'm sure they will be staking a hefty claim though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And I have no doubt that West Pork will appeal immediately.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
West Ham are facing a fine of up to £30m after an independent tribunal found in Sheffield United's favour over the Carlos Tevez affair.

Tevez played for the Hammers at the culmination of the 2006/07 season while illegally registered and his goals were critical to the Londoners avoiding relegation at the expense of United.

The Yorkshire club has confirmed this morning that the tribunal has ruled in its favour with Tevez judged to have been worth at least three points to the Hammers.

A compensation figure has yet to be determined, but, according to reports, United are demanding £30,396,897. 'Most of that figure is made up of television and merchandising rights, as well as bonus payments for finishing higher up the table,' reports The Daily Mail. 'The Yorkshire club also claim they lost £4m from Phil Jagielka's transfer to Everton that summer.

'They valued the defender at £8m but a release clause in Jagielka's contract stipulated that he would be allowed to leave if they were relegated and another club offered £4m, as Everton did.

'The rest of the claim for damages is based on season ticket sales, sponsorship, catering, club merchandising and 'lost business opportunities.'

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
As I said at the time, I would be happy for Brighton to get awarded all gate receipts for the game we had at the Boleyn. Not like we were going to win the competition is it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BBC SPORT | Football | West Ham suffer Tevez appeal blow

"We do not accept that one player's contribution can be placed over that of the team as a whole" - West Ham statement

They are going to need a better defence than that.

Hopefully justice will prevail and West Ham will be fined, forced to sell the 'stars' and face relegation. :ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here