Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Send your message to DK (about BAS) here.....

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
......just a thought - i am going to copy this thread and post it up for "Inssider" to hopefully pass on for Dick to read while considering the new deal for Mr Savage.

This is to show how much we at the club want BAS to stay...........

.......if its a big gap between wages offered and wages expected then granted there's not much we can do there - but if its down to length of contract then he has PROVED he is able at this level, the fans love him, he's happy here, he's only 26, he has won and saved us games (Cheltenham in the FA cup!) and if we let him leave due to someone minor then i feel it will be a BIG loss to us and the fans will feel the same.

We have a promotion chasing team this year and need to keep our quality players - of which BAS is certianly one of them.

.........NEXT..... ( i will copy the URL and post up for Insider after the weekend to give everyone a chance to sign it, if they wish to!)

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
learn from the past - Iwelumo, if you had paid for his move you could have sold him to Charltoin for a profit,

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Dear Mr D K.

You are in charge,and know more of the ins and outs of this case than we do.If you cannot get Mr Savage,at least let us know why.Please don't suffer another Mark McGhee moment,and make another mistake.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
DK - Don't get held to ransom. If he doesn't want to sign them tell him to find somehere better. (Where did Bertin end up in the end?)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If we did get promoted, we would need to have the ability sign better players than Bas - a long and expensive contract would be a real waste of resources. To be honest, it wouldn't bother me one way or the other if he stays/goes. I trust you Mr Chairman to do the right thing for the club.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Give him a contract to the end of the season, he is doubtless good enough for this division, the club can then review the position in the summer when trying to decide who to keep and who to release.

D

Deleted member 2719

DK, i trust you and Dean Wilkins to do what is best for the club and if that means Bas goes cos he won't sign what's on the table then he goes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dear Mr Knight.

If he wants to stay for 18 months - sign him up.

If he's taking the piss on wages, let him walk, but make sure the fans know why.

Cheers

hans

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Tell him to do one, if he doesn't want to be here do not force him. We need better than an over sized basketball player that likes dancing. Seems to be soccer AM has turned him into a Big head.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Glad this thread is so positive. FFS don't show it to DK.

Personally, give Bas as much as 2 years, but don't be held ransom, if he goes, please let us know the exact reasons.

We are fed up with players walking out on us, when we are told a "great package was offered" etc. It's about time some of these players were "outed". I'd love to know exactly what Bertain was offered, and what he is now getting.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
See this thread is going EXACTLY the way that Brighton til i die hoped!

Ha! ;)

To be honest mate i think this thread is going great - good mix of opinion and although i feel he deserves an 18month contract, i do see it from other people angles too in the fact that if a player wants to stay, and likes it as much as he claims, then he'll sign up.

If he believes he's better than he really is and has decided to ask for more than he's worth-let him go. His 'career' was going nowhere until he came here-don't let him take the piss.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Dear Mr Knight,

Be so good as to offer Mr Savage no more than a two-year contract and a wage offer that reflects his position as a first team player but does not result in upsetting other players. If this is unacceptable to him then I quite understood our need to let him go. However, right now, Bas İS an asset so please don't think about the value of Bas to us in two year's time.... better to think about today.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Dear DK,
Don't let Bas leave. I don't know what I'd do without the sight of him galloping majestically down the wing like new born impalla, the ball almost but not quite under control of his beautiful red boots, as he collects one lucky ricochet after another to beat a hap hazard defence. For entertainment value alone he must stay.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Sign him up sign him up sign him up sign him up

Seriously though, just as much as bas' agent is trying to screw as much money out of dk as possible, his client must also be aware of how well things have clicked for him here, whereas they hadn't elsewhere beforehand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here