Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Parish Marketing Rant...can anyone post on BBS?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Which particular fact is wrong according to you?

I do find it strange that you can just dismiss the 29 Palace redundancies, why is that.
Palace fans have been rewriting history since 2010 , don't believe the Goebbelised version :wink:

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Which particular fact is wrong according to you?

I do find it strange that you can just dismiss the 29 Palace redundancies, why is that.

http://www.walkermorris.co.uk/news/crystal-palace-fc-win-major-court-appeal-employment-legal-case

I will clarify (for possibly the third time, that CPFC2010 did not make anyone redundant. They were made redundant by the administrator, and it was ruled that their employment rights were not transferred to the new company.

Whilst any redundancies are of course regrettable (contrary to what you say I have never said otherwise), our owners did not make these staff redundant, "shit on them" or whatever else you say. The fault lies with Jordan, and if you wish to include him, Guilfoyle (though it was ruled he was only doing what was necessary to avoid the club's liquidation. bloom's regime however has made staff redundant, but far from sanctimoniously criticise him or Barber for making a business decision that is none of my concern, I am merely highlighting this event to demonstrate the laughable double standards and hypocrisy of Brighton fans such as yourself.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://www.walkermorris.co.uk/news/crystal-palace-fc-win-major-court-appeal-employment-legal-case

I will clarify (for possibly the third time, that CPFC2010 did not make anyone redundant. They were made redundant by the administrator, and it was ruled that their employment rights were not transferred to the new company.

All I read in that is "Crystal Palace FC" - there is no distinction made between the different entities or companies that have owned the football club.

Have you drawn a line through history at 2010? Did anything that happen before then happen to a different football club?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Palace fans have been rewriting history since 2010 , don't believe the Goebbelised version :wink:

What choice does one have, when assessing the club's ownership, than to judge them on their actions rather than their predecessors? How long is deemed necessary to wear the sackcloth and ashes of administration? Should Bloom be blamed for losing the Goldstone, or revered for building the Amex? Should Palace be awarded reparations for being asset stripped by Bloye and Noades?

What is it you want exactly? I am afraid I have no power in miraculously enabling your team to eclipse mine on the field, however unfair you find it.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
All I read in that is "Crystal Palace FC" - there is no distinction made between the different entities or companies that have owned the football club.

Have you drawn a line through history at 2010? Did anything that happen before then happen to a different football club?
Then you have made a fundamental error.

I blame Jordan and his ownership fully. I do not see how a name, a concept or a separate business entity can be held accountable.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

I blame Jordan and his ownership fully. I do not see how a name, a concept or a separate business entity can be held accountable.

Sorry I do understand you point of view now, Palace can only be judged from now on from 2010 and all previous history is wiped clean in your eyes and cannot be discussed, am I correct?

Sorry I do understand you point of view now, Palace can only be judged from now on from 2010 and all previous history is wiped clean in your eyes and cannot be discussed, am I correct?

Bingo.!

As I understand it, the 4 spivs refused to buy the club unless the administrators got rid of the 29 staff anyway, thus absolving them of any blame.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013

Of course it can be discussed. It is your insistence to continually blame CPFC2010 for the mistakes made by the previous regime, and tar them with the same brush with which I have issue. Are they not running the club appropriately? As for citicism of Jordan, have at it, you won't find a defence of him from me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You posted a link, I read it, and all I saw was "Crystal Palace FC".

I'm not casting any doubt on who made who redundant. I'm not criticising the motives behind the redundancies, which seem to have been eminently sensible. I'm not trying to ridicule Palace's current board who seem to be very pragmatic and sensible owners - exactly the type of people who should be in control of football clubs.

I was merely highlighting how you seem to be drawing a line somewhere around 2010, dismissing what happened before it, and I wondered if that applied to all of Palace's history and achievements. That's all.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Come on Bozza they have served their sentence for all the misery they caused and the money the robbed from the taxpayer (twice) it's time to forgive and forget.

You remember the sentence? A ten point deduction and staying in the same division. That must have hurt.

Give them a break.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Of course it can be discussed. It is your insistence to continually blame CPFC2010 for the mistakes made by the previous regime, and tar them with the same brush with which I have issue. Are they not running the club appropriately? As for citicism of Jordan, have at it, you won't find a defence of him from me.

There is no point though is there, you can mention our redundancies as a black mark against Brighton Hove Albion, but we cannot talk about how Crystal Palace sh*t on 29 employees that worked a long time without pay. The Brighton employees left with all the money they were entitled to, did the Crystal Palace 29 get theirs?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
You posted a link, I read it, and all I saw was "Crystal Palace FC".

I'm not casting any doubt on who made who redundant. I'm not criticising the motives behind the redundancies, which seem to have been eminently sensible. I'm not trying to ridicule Palace's current board who seem to be very pragmatic and sensible owners - exactly the type of people who should be control of football clubs.

I was merely highlighting how you seem to be drawing a line somewhere around 2010, dismissing what happened before it, and I wondered if that applied to all of Palace's history and achievements. That's all.
I'm not sure how you wish me or anyone else to view a link of a legal case pertaining to legal culpability of separate business entities being used by one of your posters to besmirch the name of our current owners.

The current owners do not dismiss the club's checquered financial history at all, and nor do the fans. It is the reason they run the club so responsibly, and the reason that style is appreciated by the majority of the fans.

Similarly, the club's past achievements both good bad, whilst ripe for remembrance and discussion, do not have a tangible bearing on what happens this coming season.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
There is no point though is there, you can mention our redundancies as a black mark against Brighton Hove Albion, but we cannot talk about how Crystal Palace sh*t on 29 employees that worked a long time without pay. The Brighton employees left with all the money they were entitled to, did the Crystal Palace 29 get theirs?
Again, your beef is with Jordan and the administrator. The current owners were not their employers, responsible for their pay, hiring them in the first place, setting their salaries, or anything else. And in direct contradiction to what you say, were not found to be responsible by law.

I have no idea about the circumstances of BHAFC's redundancies, nor was I using it as a 'black mark'. It was a statement of fact that CPFC2010 have not made staff redundant, But Barber has. Even if those staff were paid up, you say this as if it were not a disruption or stressful event in those people's lives. The only person hypocritically apportioning blame where it is not justified, and exonerating blame wherein by your standards it should be apportioned is you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure how you wish me or anyone else to view a link of a legal case pertaining to legal culpability of separate business entities being used by one of your posters to besmirch the name of our current owners.

The current owners do not dismiss the club's checquered financial history at all, and nor do the fans. It is the reason they run the club so responsibly, and the reason that style is appreciated by the majority of the fans.

Similarly, the club's past achievements both good bad, whilst ripe for remembrance and discussion, do not have a tangible bearing on what happens this coming season.

Once again, I have no interest in the case in question and was not looking to discuss it. I was only asking about your perception of Palace's history. But you are really quite tiresome, so I'll leave you to it.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Again, your beef is with Jordan and the administrator. The current owners were not their employers, responsible for their pay, hiring them in the first place, setting their salaries, or anything else. And in direct contradiction to what you say, were not found to be responsible by law.

I have no idea about the circumstances of BHAFC's redundancies, nor was I using it as a 'black mark'. It was a statement of fact that CPFC2010 have not made staff redundant, But Barber has. Even if those staff were paid up, you say this as if it were not a disruption or stressful event in those people's lives. The only person hypocritically apportioning blame where it is not justified, and exonerating blame wherein by your standards it should be apportioned is you.

I give up.
I will leave it there and may I wish you a truly bad season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here