Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

solly march

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone should tell him he's also got a right foot.
Which makes it hard to imagine him as 'the most skillful player at the club'.
It's a shocking indictment of our yoof set up, that Solly is so horrendously one footed.

He can get away with it now, but when he becomes a regular fixture he'll be the easiest player on the pitch, to mark out of the game.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Give him a start I say, though I agree he needs to be less one footed.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think we need to be patient with him and not put too much pressure on him too early - we all had v high hopes for JFC when he got a 1st team game a few years back and now some people don't want him near the first team as he's not yet fulfilled their expectations.

I'm relatively happy with how he's being used - get him into games with 25 mins to go to really attack the defence: i don't think he has yet got the experience and knowledge to pull a 90min shift going forward and back but with careful nurturing he'll be there - i can see him playing a bigger part next season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think we need to be patient with him and not put too much pressure on him too early - we all had v high hopes for JFC when he got a 1st team game a few years back and now some people don't want him near the first team as he's not yet fulfilled their expectations.

I'm relatively happy with how he's being used - get him into games with 25 mins to go to really attack the defence: i don't think he has yet got the experience and knowledge to pull a 90min shift going forward and back but with careful nurturing he'll be there - i can see him playing a bigger part next season.

I think he looks much more assured than JFC at present. JFC goes missing often in games, March doesn't seem to.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think we probably have too high an expectation of him after his wonder goal against Norwich.

He has great potential but I think he could do with another season of Championship football, likewise with Ince and JFC.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
He wouldn't replace JFC in the starting line up though would he?

He is fighting with the likes of Lingard, Buckley, Spanish Rod and KLL for one of the wide forward positions in a front three.

We do need to be realistic with the likes of March and Ince. Sure they are both talented but are far from the finished article.

However it was always thus. During the last two seasons there was much call for JFC to start more regularly......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he actually was a product of our youth set up, you might argue that.
That minor detailette did cross my mind at the time of writing.
Naturally though I did let any form of TRUTH get in the way of a good story.

Wouldn't it be more popular to blame that on Palace's yoof set-up?
Even more curious.
Surely their set up is infallible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here