Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we all agree now...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
These things, although amusing during the tournament, are a time and a place thing and, like Hal Robson Kanu being any good at football, should not continue into the real season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Already grown the beard, bought the Sugarcubes album and changed my name to Monolulusson and ready for the clap

If we are going to be influenced by the Sugarcubes, I would rather we all shouted 'GO BACK TO YOUR TENTS!' like Einar did repeatedly at the crowd when the band finished their set at the 1989 Reading Festival. I still don't know why he was offering this suggestion so insistently as New Order were still to play. Punk vikings eh, what are they like?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Down Boundary Road the Iceland Clap involves a lot of rustling among discarded boxes of frozen prawns.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
...that we won't do either of the following next season (or ever for that matter):

1. Sing "Don't take me home..."
2. Do the Iceland clap thing.

I agree with other posters, that clap thing is gonna go viral. Something tribal about it which will appeal to a lot of fans and I have to admit I though it sounded awesome when I first heard it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The north stand cannae clap at the correct tempo for Good Old Sussex by the Sea, so I wouldn't fancy our chances at a mass coordinated beat of the hands in unison. If we're insistent on rhythm though, I wouldn't mind Tony forking out on maybe 3 basic beatboxing lessons for all of us chaps and chapesses in da norf over 40. Nothing more marauding and terrifying than the image and sound of a thousand or more mildly decrepidated folks collectively boom be buh be datt ing at their surprised opponents.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With the lengthy pause between individual claps, there'd be little difference between an Islandic minute's appreciation and a minute's silence...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So it's been decided what we won't sing or do. Cue a new thread on 'can anyone think of a new song'....oh been done many times

:mad: It seems that some fans don't like to do things that other clubs can or may do better.

I wish NSC decided to make it a rule to not sing stupid Palace songs. There is nothing worse than hearing the name of another team being sung, especially when it is broadcast live. Why promote their name on TV??? It really doesn't make any rational sense.

I don't have any problem with the Icelandic chant or Don't take me home but Palace songs are the cringe worthy songs that should be banned.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The north stand cannae clap at the correct tempo for Good Old Sussex by the Sea, so I wouldn't fancy our chances at a mass coordinated beat of the hands in unison. If we're insistent on rhythm though, I wouldn't mind Tony forking out on maybe 3 basic beatboxing lessons for all of us chaps and chapesses in da norf over 40. Nothing more marauding and terrifying than the image and sound of a thousand or more mildly decrepidated folks collectively boom be buh be datt ing at their surprised opponents.

Can't we get Gully, Sally and the other one to stand facing the stands and co-ordinate the clapping?

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
if we can't coordinate clapping along to a song that has been the clubs anthem for 100+ years, we won't be able to manage the Iceland clap!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here