Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP MP number 2 coming up.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
11000 voters in Rochdale and 12000 in the tory stronghold a couple of weeks ago and 16000 yesterday -if this is the case, then why is it that the BNP were only ever on the fringes? This is pure speculation designed to fuel your own prejudices, and quite clearly has no factual base. People are worried about the future, and the vast majority do NOT seek racial confrontation -we in Britain have a long history of tolerance and long may it live, but clearly large numbers feel that enough is enough.

This speculation?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ndermining-far-right-party.html#ixzz3Jgka2Kpv

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
It'll be interesting to see how much UKIP's support holds up in the general election. I've seen a lot of commentators suggest that ukip wont be able to repeat these numbers next year, but I'm not so sure, they seem to really be able to exploit the general mood against the establishment.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This country is heading towards the Doomsday scenerio of UKIP / Tory coalition. Basically a turbo charged right wing Tory party.

The danger is Labour voters start thinking UKIP will solve all their woes when really they represent very little of the Labour's value apart from the pint down the pub.

So message is all, be care what you wish for!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This country is heading towards the Doomsday scenerio of UKIP / Tory coalition. Basically a turbo charged right wing Tory party.

The danger is Labour voters start thinking UKIP will solve all their woes when really they represent very little of the Labour's value apart from the pint down the pub.

So message is all, be care what you wish for!!
Worrying indeed.

I'd prefer a labour / SNP coalition keeping them out.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
London Road is 'OK'. The trendy North Laine is gradually working it's way up York Place but London Road is still inhabited by crap chav shops such as pound shops and charity shops. Some nice bars have popped up recently and more should happen now the students have started to move into the old Co-Op. The Open Market is OK but doesn't have the life or the size of the old one. Personally I think it needs pedestrianisation but I don't know what they would do with the buses.

Now I bet this post will shock [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] because apparently I'm a moaning tosser !!!

Your phrase, not mine.

And 'trendy' is such a lazy, meaningless word.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Could this become a serious strategy?

But I would still last night have seen a conservative victory, and last night after question time I found myself I could almost vote for a party led by Ken Clarke.... But only almost.

I think the General Election will be fascinating, and possibly very depressing, but if it is what people want........

To be fair putting a heavy weight like Clarke against Burnham was a bit unfair on Labour ..... but very funny.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thanks for spellings it out, again TLO was unable to do it. Preferring to play around instead.

It was ok in the 70' so not aware of it 'recent past', I guess it's a case of mud sticks so once it's got a reputation it's difficult for the area to gain back any credibility, is London Road being right next to it now ok then, that used to be a area for drug users to congregate.

I wasn't playing around. I was asking you to find out for yourself, which you were unable to do.

You put so much faith in your family's opinion that you didn't bother to find out elsewhere.

The park was horrible for years - and I mean at least 20 years. This would have been obvious to you had you ever visited during this time, so why are you so concerned now?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Good old question time where the audience only claps because everyone else does, and where the audience finds someone to hate for the duration of the programme. Please BBC can we have some balance

If Labour want to win back supporters from UKIP, why did the Labour guy on Question Time once again have to mention BNP in the same conversation as UKIP, seriously it pisses people off. After 15 years, it's now OK for Labour to talk tough on immigration and restricting benefits to migrants for 2 years, but it's not OK for UKIP to call for a proper immigration system. Labour are seriously not winning anyone over at the moment.

I wouldn't get annoyed about it - Question Time is one of the best recruiting tools UKIP have. You only need to see the utter ridiculous attacks on UKIP by the main parties to see how scared they are. Last night's felt like it was two years ago when the Tories and Labour used to ridicule UKIP - gradually they have toned down their language as they have seen what happens when they attack UKIP ...... apart from last night. Given there was Clarke who is so pro-EU he might as well go and work for the EU and Burnham who quite frankly struggled to string a coherent argument together, it's no surprise they reverted to type.

It could be because quite a few of the prospective UKIP candidates in elections, and a large amount of members, have been found to have previous BNP connections. As you know.

Care to provide the figures ? Thought not as you're making it up. Large amount of members indeed. Of course you failed to mention that if a UKIP member has had a connection to the BNP and it becomes known to the party then they are expelled ..... unlike Labour, the Tories or the Lib Dems.

Given your habit of lying I think we can take your posts with a pinch of salt. No doubt you'll now mention your mate Alan Sked just like your normal broken record.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I get berated and told I have blind faith for believing what my own children tell me and then you tell me to trust what a couple of people on an internet forum tell me !, one of which has a proven liar, that’s quite unbelievable LB isn’t it.

It's you that's unbelievable. You post stuff which is evident you know nothing about, then start whining when people pull you up on it, then throw meaningless phrases about as if to deflect the weakness of your own (non-) argument.

I quoted to the UKIP representative's phrase as 'lycra-clad fascists' rather than the correct 'lycra-clad terrorists'. A fine distinction, and an error of memory on my part - but 'a proven liar'...? Get over yourself.

Along exactly the same lines, you referred to the Level in strong denigrated terms, then stuck to it as if it was gospel, without finding out for yourself. Seeing as you are wrong about the Level, doesn't that make you - in equal terms - a 'proven liar'?

The answer is 'no, of course not'. Nor does it make me one - but then I'm not resorting the level of hyperbole you're using.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Care to provide the figures ? Thought not as you're making it up. Large amount of members indeed. Of course you failed to mention that if a UKIP member has had a connection to the BNP and it becomes known to the party then they are expelled ..... unlike Labour, the Tories or the Lib Dems.

Given your habit of lying I think we can take your posts with a pinch of salt. No doubt you'll now mention your mate Alan Sked just like your normal broken record.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3Jgka2Kpv

oh, and thanks for answering on my behalf. Makes your post look even more ridiculous.

Keep up YOUR agenda, you know, LYING and trying to deflect any attention away from the racist bigots that infect UKIP.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I guess you see what you want to see. I see a house with a, van and some flags - A bit naff for me, but each to their own. You've concluded that it's a working class person that isn't voting Labour and that somehow makes Thornberry a snob.

Well some Labour Party members seem to think she's a snob.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30139832

And she's gone.

No wonder they are no longer the Party of the working man.

So who exactly is the 'nasty' party?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3Jgka2Kpv

oh, and thanks for answering on my behalf. Makes your post look even more ridiculous.

Keep up YOUR agenda, you know, LYING and trying to deflect any attention away from the racist bigots that infect UKIP.
What a plum :lol: - link says 'Let's try again' - how appropriate ! Maybe you'd like to try again at a meetup with @bushy ? Or will you cry off again like the pussy you are ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Thanks for the reply. With respect, I think you have misunderstood the article if you are using it against me. It says that a third of BNP voters have transferred their allegiance to UKIP -there is no real evidence for this other than Farage's boast, and of course he has everything to gain by exaggerating the numbers, which should make you sceptical. In fact this does vindicate my point - BNP is and has always been on the fringes, as I am sure that you would agree, so a third (max!!) of their vote, assuming this is true, which is unlikely, would amount to a small percentage of the electorate. And this brings me back to the original point - most folk are simply fed up with what they perceive as excessive immigration, self-serving politicians of all parties who appear ever more remote from everyday life, and an EU which is widely seen as corrupt and meddling -and this from someone who is happy for us to stay in the EU, albeit a reformed EU! I am sure that there are "racists" (that lovely word) in all parties, by the way, but the majority of folk are decent and moderate in their politics and lives in general -it has served us well for centuries.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I wasn't playing around. I was asking you to find out for yourself, which you were unable to do.

You put so much faith in your family's opinion that you didn't bother to find out elsewhere.

The park was horrible for years - and I mean at least 20 years. This would have been obvious to you had you ever visited during this time, so why are you so concerned now?

I'm not personally concerned about it at all, its an irrelevance to me as its not a facility i would/could use due to its central location.

I expressed my children's & their friends opinion of the place and you went all defensive as it was your own personal back garden and were personally responsible for the place.
If as you say it was a nasty place in the past then i guess it will take and need some time to change peoples experiences/perception of the place.

Obviously not a know statistic but i wonder how many of the people that now use it are new users ie. students / new people to the area since its regeneration and how many now use it thet knew of it when it was a dark place.

I guess a lot of Brightonians like my youngsters still avoid because of its old history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here